Steve Herschbach

Nokta Anfibio Versus Minelab Equinox

49 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

So things you will never see on a Garret, Fisher, Makro for the time being at least until patents expire. 

-Wireless coils
-Updates
-Multifrequency
-Telescopic shafts

If you must have just 1 of these 4 features, you need the XP or Minelab.

I believe Makro had a update on August 8th for the Kruzer, so if you must have just 1 of these 3 features, you need the XP or Minelab. :biggrin:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7220-kruzer-software-update-104107/

22 minutes ago, Glenn in CO said:

I believe Makro had a update on August 8th for the Kruzer, so if you must have just 1 of these 3 features, you need the XP or Minelab. :biggrin:

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7220-kruzer-software-update-104107/

Noted 😆

9 minutes ago, LowTide said:

Holy smokes I didn't realize there were that many patents, impressive.

That is a person I would love to annoy with a million questions lol.

Tomorrow I am going to patent a metal detector that swings side to side. If you guys wanna detect, you'll have to swing front to back from now on OK.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Alluminati said:

The only reason White's had multifrequncy is because they licensed it from Minelab. 

While this is true of the DFX and Beach Hunter ID, which borrowed (licensed) a variation of BBS from Minelab, Spectra was an in house creation at Whites. Of course Spectra is also a different kind of multi than Minelab and Fisher use. It is basically just 3 single frequencies running strictly simultaneously, rather than in a pattern or sequence occurring in microseconds like DFX where the data from each of its frequencies could be isolated, but not turned off like Spectra. 

As a side note, it was interesting that when Minelab was promoting BBS they marketed it as 17 broad band frequencies, which along with the FBS claim of 28 has been a source of debate about how many are actually used and processed, rather than simply transmitted. It is interesting and telling that DFX and Beach Hunter ID, using BBS chose to take the high road and tell us it was 2, which in their variation was 3khz and 15khz. 

• Like 2

Interesting, I did not know that. (About the Spectra)

I would like to know more about the inner workings of the FBS/BBS/Multi-IQ machines. I suppose if I took some time to peruse Bruce Halcro Candy's 50 some odd patents, maybe I could extrapolate something from it.

55 minutes ago, Alluminati said:

I would like to know more about the inner workings of the FBS/BBS/Multi-IQ machines. I suppose if I took some time to peruse Bruce Halcro Candy's 50 some odd patents, maybe I could extrapolate something from it.

Because of recent pronouncements of a Texas based manufacturer about a Salt ignoring PI. The following recent filing caught my eye:

Metal Detector for Salt Soils
Publication number: 20170299753
Type: Application
Filed: April 6, 2017
Publication date: October 19, 2017
Inventor: Bruce Halcro Candy

Navigating through Minelab's Intellectual Property catalog is like navigating through a Minefield. 😨

• Like 2

I don't think it's fair to blame TNSharpshooter (whose writeups I appreciate) for Nokta's success.  I have a Racer 2 that I bought after reading a LOT of positive reviews from different people.  And it does work, although it never really clicked with me.  I considered getting the Multi Kruzer, which appears to be a good product and definite improvement from the reviews I have read, but bought the Nox, instead.  The Etrac remains my main machine (almost entirely coin hunting).

Now, if I had bought the Multi Kruzer, I'd probably be peeved with Nokta for bringing out the Anfibio so soon and trying to "obsolete" the Kruzer.  I understand the awkwardness as the Makro/Nokta product lines are merged, but think if the decision had been mine, I would have sat on the design until it really was time to bring out a successor to the Kruzer.  As it is, marketing hype aside, I doubt the Anfibio offers any meaningful improvements.  But, we'll see.

The Deus at one time was indeed new to the USA, although it was released and being used across the pond.

I bought one early on after they were made available in USA.

And I did talk about.

Guess maybe I helped with Xp’s sucesss in USA with Deus too then. Lol

No one person can make a detector a failure or success.  The way I see it.

Basically nowadays if a manufacturer makes a dud, it will be outed in short order.

No, that is not true. I don't know you as the Deus guy, you're the only guy that was touting the Makro to anyone who would listen on every forum out there at the time. You were amazingly toughed skinned when people called you a shill, yet you seem a little thin skinned with me even though I really haven't said anything negative about you.

See maybe you guys haven't come across affiliate marketing, but some of us are highly skeptical these days.

Example: every person with a youtube channel gets something for review from gearbest or alibaba and were supposed to believe its because they are some amazing vlogger. Don't forget to click that link in the description! Its advertising, access to views, whether you knowingly participated or not. I'm not offended by Gary Drayton's Minelab shirt, know what I mean?

So when the opportunity came up to try the Racer2, based off of your glowing reviews we tried one out. It was very underwhelming machine for the $500 used price. Which brings us full circle, it's an awesome $350 machine. I don't "blame" you for the price.

As a consumer my opinion is always going to outweigh someone telling me I have to like something, especially based off previous experiences. You can get, offended or use it as valuable market research. I'm also geek who knows his gear and spends a few grand on the hobby per year. Why do I buy what I buy?
I would have loved to buy a Makro this spring for my nephew as an upgrade from his Technetics if it was well under $500 US new, it would be a nice machine for him, but I'm not paying that much for one, I actually gave him a Deus lite instead. The price of the Makro drove me to a competitor's machine that cost much more then I originally considered.

40 minutes ago, Tnsharpshooter said:

Basically nowadays if a manufacturer makes a dud, it will be outed in short order. 

Right so keep the lineup fresh and you can make a killing selling mediocre machines to newbies while the market is growing.

kruzer brains impact shaft and a newish coil and they got another product out too sell until they can think of something new which is cool because i liked the kruzer underwater feature but hated the shaft and loved the impact shaft so someone just put a few of the best things they had together and it looks great..although it looks and does cool things there will always be something special about minelab products that you cant avoid or try too turn a head , the machine also looks cool the firmware updates you know will be good because its minelab and the machine is stead .. for me personally id like both full stop , if i had too pick one id go nox because it suits my personality its cool calm and collective lol maybe when i was in my teens i would of loved the anfibio crackling and popping and freaking me out and digging miles down in the ground for a pull tab but as yeas go by you just want the truth and the nox has better id the anfibio loses its id for most parts after 8 inches depending on the size of the target , if it is a small target it mite lose the id even at 6 inches so yeah nox leads the race unless nokta can do some incredible update and use all that raw crackling power too seek out and id better the nox leads the race ..but boy there close !!