How Many Have Reverted Back To The Original 1.5 Version?

Bhogg

I'm still happy with the update, but there is one thing that's been bugging me. For the last three-five days, EVERY "13" I dig up is either a beaver-tail pulltab, or a small piece of aluminum. I've dug about 11 pull tabs to only 1 nickle.  Who knows, maybe I'm just being tested, but I didn't have this before I updated.

I'm still happy enough that I'm going to play with the settings a little and see if there's a small work around. I always noise cancel and ground balance at every new site as well. 

-Bill

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, William P said:

I'm still happy with the update, but there is one thing that's been bugging me. For the last three-five days, EVERY "13" I dig up is either a beaver-tail pulltab, or a small piece of aluminum. I've dug about 11 pull tabs to only 1 nickle.  Who knows, maybe I'm just being tested, but I didn't have this before I updated.

I'm still happy enough that I'm going to play with the settings a little and see if there's a small work around. I always noise cancel and ground balance at every new site as well. 

-Bill

I suppose if it hits silver coins on edge better, its going to hit tabs on edge better too! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The one thing ML might not be telling us is ...... those bugs they fixed that might have been found based on some of those gremlins we complained about...... like shutting off, having to factory reset or even the depth of beach 2.   Im sure if all those broken detectors went back to Aussy land they took a real good look at them and a enough to make the worth while upgrade based on the masses. 

Bill in the wet sand my pull tabs are coming in at 12..... and the dang bottle caps at 13.   So we either retrain ourselves as to what might or might not fall there i guess or go back to the old version.  I honestly didnt have a lot of gold fall in the 14 and 15 digit from the old program.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, William P said:

It sounds like what you (and a few others) are experiencing is a caution to all of us -- open up our discrimination (any type, particularly the brain discriminator) from what we've learned previously and recalibrate.

17 hours ago, William P said:

-Bill

I've been digging a lot of nickels with my EQ800 since I bought it. Seems to have a love for lower conductors. Unfortunately, I've been digging the beaver tail portion of pull tabs as well, usually folded, that falls exactly at 12-13.  Not sure I have an answer for digging the nickels and not the folded tabs. But it isn't anything related with the new version of software for me.

After hunting about three hours last night at two different parks, having rolled back to the v1.50, I decided to roll forward again to v1.75 for an upcoming day trip. Its hard to make a real comparison without side by side 800's, but I liked the feel of the v1.75 when I was using it.

I won't have results until this next Monday night.

Rich-

I'm only about 10 hours into retuning my brain to the new firmware on my 800.  I wouldn't revert back to the old version.  I like most of what ML did, but there's still room for improvement.  I'm disappointed that the small nickel/pop top spread is gone and the copper penny/clad dime spread is also gone.  The weak/strong pinpoint “ghost” issue is better, but definitely not fixed.  The pinpointer is still super deadly accurate.  It's too bad there are only 50 display segments, but I knew that when I moved up from the ATPro's 100 segments which would probably make the nickel/pop top and copper penny/clad dime dig questions easier to answer.  Maybe a little more time with what appears to be a hotter machine with the new firmware will make it easier to discern those targets.

• Like 1

I didnt notice any coin spread difference.... but i agree about the nickels/crown caps and even pull tabs are different for me in the WET sand/water.   I had my bins set so the second bin went from 0 to 13...... now with crown caps being 13ish and pulls tads bounching in the same area...... well you see my problem with tones.  If as bad as the 1.5 spread there was ... im not sure the new program helped there and i feel they could have done something there with all the complaints...... even reduce the digs for iron and expand that area.

Im going to use the old program i believe..... at least for now.   The new one maybe smoother and i didnt see a bit of difference in depth on 100 pieces of gold i tested....... but the old program was better on open earrings...... so maybe smaller gold as well.   Im starting to believe some of the chatter i hear and others dont......... maybe i have better and more responsive headphones.   For me...... i would have liked to had more modulation on targets..... something like running 6 gain over 10 gain if you know what i mean.

• Like 1

Dew -- I totally agree.  I sure do wish there was a "gain" setting on the Equinox -- one that worked identically to that on FBS machines.  It's essentially a "volume gain" adjustment, for those unfamiliar -- i.e. it increases or decreases the amount of "modulation" of volume (deeper targets sounding quieter than shallow ones, as a reduce the gain).

Steve