How Many Have Reverted Back To The Original 1.5 Version?

Bhogg

Hi Everyone 

Just wondering how many people on here have reverted back to the original version 1.5 ??.

I’ve seen and heard that a lot of Equinox users have reverted back due to not being happy with the new update that’s just come out!.

So just wondering what everyone’s thoughts are about the update??

Cheers

We were talking about that for beach hunting and the difference we saw.   My concern was the sensitivity and how smooth it ran on the wet sand now in both beach modes.   I was hoping they didnt just change the sensitivity digit....... ie 24 was the old 18.   Which could affect the response to gold.   So i ran a simple test of 100 gold items..... couple of chains, bands, some rings with stones, crosses, and earrings.   I was able to run 18 sensitivity pretty stable for testing and i tested in beach 2.   what i found was the only items that differed seem to be the small earrings when they were open.   There the old program did a tab better.   BUT...... all things change once those coils hit the salt water.   Things i should have done........ taken a look at the digit reading.   What i did notice thou was i was getting the same depth...... but the volume/clarity of the target seemed better with the new program.... but oddly it  didnt extend the depth.

I agree Steve its great to have the option for either Program.  Im hoping more people do some serious playing with both programs.  

• Like 2

It's kind of like Deus and some people still preferring older versions. Whatever works. I am very happy that we get not only updates but the ability to run older versions as preferred - it all just extends the value of the detector for those that own it. It will be interesting in time to see what the consensus is about the two versions.

I've been holding off on doing the upgrade until I see field reports .  So far I'm seeing a trend that deep square nails and the like seem to come in more like coins then before.   I felt they did have a higher propensity to signal as a deep coins with the stock firmware, so if it's increased this behavior, I don't want to do the upgrade.  

You can always give it a go and roll back so no risk involved.

This is everyone's chance to play at product tester - yup, this is how it is done. Test this version, test that version, which is better and why? Different folks, different opinions. You can see how it might get interesting for the engineers.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You can always give it a go and roll back so no risk involved.

This is everyone's chance to play at product tester - yup, this is how it is done. Test this version, test that version, which is better and why? Different folks, different opinions. You can see how it might get interesting for the engineers.

Good points.  You know what would be a great test, is if the Equinox was able to hold both firmware versions at once, and allow one to load either one.  Then you could do some nice A/B comparisons.  Suppose you could accomplish the same thing by bringing your laptop to the field and simply flip between the two firmware versions.  

The best thing is that it seems like Minelab is listening to it's customers, and they actually released a new firmware update, which as we all know they weren't known to do in the past.  Hopefully this firmware upgrade will be one of many to come that can add positive tweaks and bug fixes in the future!  

• Like 1

... an expanded assortment of coils is a very good idea for Equinox - it can help you reach a large number of potential users ... Equinox has a good number of programs and settings that you can optimize to work on a given coil size ...

• Like 2