How Many Have Reverted Back To The Original 1.5 Version?

Bhogg

I was able to get out for a short hunt Saturday with both my old firmware 600 and new firmware 800.  I ran Park 1, Sens 20, Recovery 6 (3 on the 600), IB 2 (1 on the 600) - 50 tones. 

I chose a site that had given me a few silvers and several wheats in the past, a 1940's elementary school.  Finds have been in keeping with the age of the school.. 40's - 60's coins (and newer).  I made my rounds armed with the 800 and 10 plastic soccer cones (borrowed from my kids :)), and marked diggable tones.

I then followed my same path with the 600, my digger and my pin-pointer. 

Most of the targets were similar it tone and id... ground was fairly hard packed due to a long dry summer and lots of clay in the ground, and the targets were mostly in the 4"-6" range.  2 targets in particular were iffy enough with the 600 that I wouldn't have stopped to dig them.  I left those targets marked, and returned for the 800 to verify, which it did verify the diggable tone on both.  I re-powered my 600 to cross check yet again... and with effort, I was able to narrow and slow my swing enough, as well as alter my angle of approach to get a tone that was diggable, but it took work.  The two coins that I ultimately dug are at the bottom of the picture.  Both in the 5"-6" range, and the silver was on an angle. 

This was by no means an exhaustive experiment... but I am convinced I would have left both targets in the ground had I been swinging only the 600 that day.  All the other pennies were memorials, and most were copper in the 1960's and 1970's range.  I did dig a few zinc tones for reference, but those were shallow.  For what it is worth.

So, to answer the thread question... I am sticking with the new firmware on my 800.  More tests to follow.

~Tim

20180929_132226.jpg

• Like 6

Its going to take me some time to LIKE the new program.   Just no real way to test it you just have to get a feel for it.   Its like machines...... some you just like others leave you with the desire to go back to the one you liked lol.    Takes time.   The new program .... is hit and miss for me.   Some days its great on coins ... others its like man that wasnt very deep but was a really bad tone with a lot of jumpy digits.    You can mark off a location...... swing over it...... then do it again ...... and again and might get something different.   So i think its more of a feel you get and what you hear to acquire the CONFIDENCE in the program.  One might be better suited to your ear..... the other to the conditions.   Its like running default GB...... you get all kinds of reasons you should or shouldnt..... but it all comes down to does it give you confidence that you arent walking away from targets.

• Like 2