Coil 15x12 In Testing

Luis

9 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Not so odd, probably finishing up performance testing and then they want to run production for awhile to build up inventory so they can avoid the small coil issue where dealers were only getting one or two coils per shipment.  I think it's pretty obvious by now that whether or not ML realized how popular this detector was going to be, they simply did not invest in capitalizing their production facilities in advance to be able to meet that demand for the detector or its accessories.  They let marketing get too far out in front of the designers and production folks, probably because they have never had a detector as popular as say an AT Pro and were really unprepared to deal with the worldwide demand.  Getting inventory ramped up on the small coil probably squeezed production capacity for the large coil also.

Understood.  I'm impressed that a company like Nokta/Makro can spin off new coils at neck breaking speeds, but then again, their certainly not selling the volume of machines that Minelab is with the Equinox. 

• Like 1

The only product of theirs I have is the Racer 2, but give credit where credit is due, I say.  And Nokta/Makro deserves credit for actually listening to customers and responding before said customers die of old age.  

Nokta / Makro has had the benefit of ongoing product tweaking that means earlier model coils fit on later models with little or no changes needed. Coil work done for Impact benefits Kruzer for instance. With Multi-IQ Minelab has started from square one, and so it is taking more time (a few months) to roll out coils.

These are not huge companies with multiple teams working in parallel. More often it is get this thing out the door. Then get the next thing out the door. Then the next. Etc. We got the 6" coil. Next up the 15" coil. And I am sure something will follow that. It just is not going to happen all at once.

minelab-equinox-dd-coils-15-11-6.jpg.059

• Like 5