First Urban Find

Creekboy

Gold fever has been particularly bad as I am not able to get up into the mountains until the end of the month, so I decided to give the park a try. I found as expected, tons of trash but near the end of my search I came across a small 925 charm. Not worth much but it really drove home the point that I need to start thinking outside the box. 

37ED957F-4E48-4FAC-AC33-3A14327DD3E4.jpeg

• Like 6

Good job!

You can in theory find gold almost anywhere modern humanity frequents. The jewelry needs to get lost in the first place, and that means places where clothing is changed and highly physical activity takes place. A soccer field is the classic example because the team often sheds street clothing on the sidelines. The soccer play itself plus possible viewers around the perimeter all add up to a great location.

Gold can be as close as the nearest park, and often more gold can be found with less effort and expense than chasing gold nuggets. :smile:

• Like 8

• 4 months later...

A friend of mine at work saw a glint/flash in a parking lot, went over to investigate, and picked up a 1 carat diamond.We tested it and it was real. The janitor here at work saw something on the lobby floor while mopping, picked it up, and it was an orange colored stone, turned it into HR but he never got a reward or anything. How do these stones pop out of rings anyway?

My buddy claims to get paper money ,one time a 50 dollar bill, close to movie theater entrances when strong winds are blowing. He looks for bushes/hedges/chain link fences close by where bills taken by the wind sometimes end up.

And the Coinstar machines reject/spit out unwanted foreign coins, copper pennies, and all silver American coins altho I've yet to find a single coin. He finds silvers  quite often in these machines. Just eyeballing, no digging or detector needed.

-Tom V.