The New Anfibio / Kruzer 9'' And 13'' Coils

That 9" concentric (?) looks almost identical to the old 8" Fisher concentric that came with the CZ's, C$, etc. back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...

• The title was changed to The New Anfibio / Kruzer 9'' And 13'' Coils
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 7:51 PM, Cal_Cobra said:

Dilek is the new 9" coil a concentric? 

Cal_Cobra: I know that you really like the Multi-Kruzer. Looking at this new one do you think it might be better for relic hunting? I hope that you get one to let us know. I have read some of your posts on the MMK and it sure has me wondering as I use the Deus for relic and love it but if the MMK or this one is better I might have to give one of them a try. I thought of getting the MMK but I now have to wait to see if the new one is better. Thanks

7 hours ago, martygene said:

Cal_Cobra: I know that you really like the Multi-Kruzer. Looking at this new one do you think it might be better for relic hunting? I hope that you get one to let us know. I have read some of your posts on the MMK and it sure has me wondering as I use the Deus for relic and love it but if the MMK or this one is better I might have to give one of them a try. I thought of getting the MMK but I now have to wait to see if the new one is better. Thanks

Hi Marty,

I wish I could answer your question, but I have no experience with the Anfibio.   Had Nokta sent me one to test, I'd happily put it through it's paces and been able to answer your question.  That said, the MMK is by far the best detector I've used for relic hunting in heavy iron, or sea of nail environments (amazing what it can do with the stock coil).   What I can tell you is that since using the Red Racer, Racer 2, Impact, and now the MMK, with each progression of detector, they've all been improvements of their predecessors.  I'd expect that the Anfibio has some improvements over the MMK, but again without testing one, I couldn't say what.  It could simply be that they took the user feedback from the MMK and incorporated that into the Anfibio.  Things like the lighted keys, but I see they did not incorporate tactile reverse divots on the keys so one can use the PP and GB buttons without looking at the buttons.  This may seem trivial, but it slows you down, and at the end of the day, wasted time hunting for buttons means less finds in your pouch.  From preliminary reading the main two improvements that stand out are the lighted keys and the new coils (which also work on the MMK).

Wish I had more to share.
Cal

• Like 2