Naming Contest For New Multifrequency Detector

5 hours ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Hello all... yes, the name has been chosen and the machine is in the works. Cannot confirm the release date as of today but hopefully I will be able to share more info further into the year. Hope this helps....

It does Dilek because I revived this thread fishing for information and hoping you would respond. :smile: Just confirmation that it is still in the works is good. Thanks! 👍🏼

• Like 1

Big question is are they targeting the Nox or the Vanquish? I'm taking a wild guess they are going for the click and go market.

On 2/19/2020 at 4:35 PM, Fskafish said:

Im thinkin 2 years plus from now! 🤔

Maybe if it was Fisher, Garret or Whites. Even a year between model releases would be a significant slow down for Nokta/Makro. I’d be very surprised if they went to Detectival this year without an announcement. This machine has already been in the works for a long time, it’s not something they just started.

It is however admittedly a step to the next level. Garrett for instance has yet to do multifrequency, so doing so would in effect pass up Garrett and pull even at least with Fisher, whose only offering is the ancient analog CZ. So it very well could slip into next year.... but my bet is on Detectival for an official announcement. Not availability, just announcement.

But I could be totally wrong. :smile:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Chase

I did and that’s why I let you know I liked your post.

Think about this in Nokta/Makro has got waterproofing down in a big way already. Also for us that don’t hear so good that they got the vibrating handle. On the standpoint of multi frequency that’s no big deal either I do believe for them.

I don’t know this but they may do all of this for less .

I was just thinking about buying the Vanquish because it’s time for a new play toy but it could be the Apex now.

It could be called Apex + + from N/M .

What’s behind the name is more important than the name itself.

Chuck 

• Like 2