Naming Contest For New Multifrequency Detector

On 2/13/20 Dilek told me the name has been picked. She also added that releasing the name would give the false impression that they were close to releasing the machine and I quote “ and we are not! “.

Almost two years since the naming contest!!!!!!!!!  Maybe they could actually let a user name the product and give them a comp. machine for doing so.   I would really like something soon!!! I don't care what the name is!!! I have about 2 month's worth of waiting left in me, before I pull the trigger on another companies product. Some kind of vague hint like the Apex video would be enticing!! I'm running out of hope and I'm begining to wonder if they have anything close to being developed.  Not sure what all the cloak and vail BS is all about? Because all the main competitors have showed their hand. I'm sure there will be lot's of excuses why they have not come up to speed, but I'm not buying any of them. Grape Kool- aid is not my favorite, But if I have to do a Jim Jones I will !!!

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

Almost two years since the naming contest!!!!!!!!!  Maybe they could actually let a user name the product and give them a comp. machine for doing so.   I would really like something soon!!! I don't care what the name is!!! I have about 2 month's worth of waiting left in me, before I pull the trigger on another companies product. Some kind of vague hint like the Apex video would be enticing!! I'm running out of hope and I'm begining to wonder if they have anything close to being developed.  Not sure what all the cloak and vail BS is all about? Because all the main competitors have showed their hand. I'm sure there will be lot's of excuses why they have not come up to speed, but I'm not buying any of them. Grape Kool- aid is not my favorite, But if I have to do a Jim Jones I will !!!

Yeah, they may have shown their hands and now Nokta/Makro knows what it needs to compete and beat them............might just be worth the wait..........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Garrett didn't hold a naming contest for a new multi freaker years in advance of releasing one or even hint at providing one ...so its really a matter of expectations.  Of course people are going to get grumpy when something is promised and not delivered as opposed to not promising anything and delivering not only a multi frequency machine but the most inexpensive selectable multifrequency (the Apex feature that really matters considering how vanilla the SMF is on that machine) on the market. 

Nokta makes a host of amphibious machines and really needs the additional performance and stability that multi brings to the table on the salt beach to basically have all the bases covered save for PI, so rooting for them to do so. 

Otherwise, I would be happy to simply see Nokta beat Garrett at the value selectable multifrequency machine game by providing a Multi Simplex (doesn't have to be Simultaneous Multi AFAIC).

Of course Garrett doesn't have to worry about cutting the legs out from underneath its Kruzer and Anfibio product lines like Nokta does, so there's that.

So as Dilek alluded to above, perhaps now that Garrett has shown their hand, Dilek and company now know what their next move should be.  Perhaps more of a marketing/business conundrum than a technical hurdle at this point, knowing how technically innovative Nokta is.

But the incontrovertible fact is, Garrett did get to simultaneous MF and value selectable MF before Nokta and Apex is no slouch for $450 US so its your move, Nokta.

Don't disappoint us...or keep us waiting much longer.  The window of opportunity is small and ML is lurking around the corner likely with their next iteration beyond Equinox AND Vanquish both released since Nokta hinted at working on MF.

It is a cutthroat marketplace with a very small user base.  Not much room for error or complacency as Whites and Tesoro have learned the hard way.

• Like 4

All the more reason for the manufacturers to pay more attention to the Forums; especially this one! (i may be a little biased on this one!) 🤣 

I think the reps that frequent the forums not only get positive attention from us, but cull positive information into what is in demand from us! Now if they would all just use that information! (ML)!!👍👍

• Like 1

I'm happy to wear the Grumpy Crown. Nokta makes awesome detectors, But I feel like a kid two weeks before christmas. I'm hoping for a multi freak Kruzer based detector, But I'll take what I can get. Oh and by the way my wife calls me Grumpy at least twice a week.

• Haha 1

• 11 months later...

Well hopefully 2021 will be the year we’ve all been waiting for.

I don’t believe Nokta/Makro will let this detector out the door if it don’t exceed all our expectation.

For us it just started with a name and this is it .

Chuck 

Heck like so many I’ve waited this  long if the need be I can wait longer!

It would not be a good thing if it’s not right the first time out the door like you said.

Just take a look at the date when Dilek first posted the contest for the name and we don’t know how long are how much time had been put into the design  before then.

It would stagger the imagination to know how much money has been spent on designing this detector and yet not one dime of profit has been made at this point.

Let’s not forget all the field testing that was done and the unknown number of times they went back to the drawing board to correct a problem that just showed up.

Chuck