Naming Contest For New Multifrequency Detector

On 9/17/2020 at 4:27 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Don't disappoint us...or keep us waiting much longer.  The window of opportunity is small and ML is lurking around the corner likely with their next iteration beyond Equinox AND Vanquish both released since Nokta hinted at working on MF.

It is a cutthroat marketplace with a very small user base.  Not much room for error or complacency as Whites and Tesoro have learned the hard way.

Strategically speaking, ML could hold all the cards.  Why do I say this?  We saw ML tie up market share by jumping out of an airplane at Detectival and announcing that the EQX would obsolete all other detectors.  As crazy as it seemed at the time, it worked. 

Here's what I suspect, the EQX has been, and continues to be, such a high demand popular selling detector that they could easily have the EQX2 already in the can, there's no reason to rush it out the door and they could simply be waiting and watching to see what NM is going to do, and disrupt that release by showing their hand on the EQX2, even if it was only a teaser product announcement. 

That said, I've been nothing but impressed with NM starting with the Red Racer and I'm routing for NM to make a SMF that can equal or exceed the EQX in performance, features and build quality 👍

• Like 2

• 1 month later...