6 Inch Tid Numbers Compared To The 11 Inch Numbers

Bhogg

Hi Everyone 

Just interested to see if anyone has done a comparison of TID Numbers between the 6 inch coil and the 11 coil?

I’ve personally never used the 6 inch on coins before only gold, but would like to use it at a few spots that are full of junk as there’s to many targets seeing the coil at once,  so hard to distinguish a good target from bad one and then due to this it’s very hard to get a clear TID due to a junk target mixing TID Numbers up.

So if anyone has made a list/ chart of the comparison I’m sure plenty on here would also be interested to see the difference.

Cheers 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

TID's are roughly the same; but then I never considered the Nox to be very accurate on ID's.  No compiling of statistics, but my prediction success rate as to which coin it will be seems the same with the small coil.  The 6" coil performs in iron and in tight places, no doubt about that.  My only gripe is that it isn't a bit bigger, say 6x8".  Covering ground with the 6" looking for coins is a lot like using a golf club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Covering ground with the 6" looking for coins is a lot like using a golf club.

I guess the size of your divot would make all the difference ;).  I just ordered the 6"... looking forward to hitting a few of my trashiest of trashy old parks with it :)  I expect the TID to be similar enough (with the Equinox's inherent TID variability) to not make much difference... for me it is all about the tone baby.  :) ~Tim

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dubious said:

TID's are roughly the same; but then I never considered the Nox to be very accurate on ID's.  No compiling of statistics, but my prediction success rate as to which coin it will be seems the same with the small coil.  The 6" coil performs in iron and in tight places, no doubt about that.  My only gripe is that it isn't a bit bigger, say 6x8".  Covering ground with the 6" looking for coins is a lot like using a golf club.

I played golf once. I stepped on a rake and hit two good balls!

• Haha 5