Parts For Explorer Xs

Propjob

Well , I was using explorer xs to work in the test garden and noticed half the screen went out. Discovered that a couple of the plastic bosses  for the screws in the control head had broken, allowing the pc board to separate.  On last ditch effort to repair would be to replace plastic control housing if cost effective. So looking to purchase a front half for the control housing..  This is the plastic that the keypad attaches too.  I would consider a parted machine if not cost prohibitive.  I am kind of attached to the xs , and was trying to keep as a backup, but I think it is P......d because the nox  is the new kid.  Prop

The Minelab parts website has a diagram for the SE Pro but not the XS

http://parts.minelab.com/category-s/202.htm

Best bet is to contact Detector Center to see if parts are even available and what they might cost. If there is no parts availability that forces the issue.

Steve not being familiar with the SE, that part looks pretty close!  That may open doors  Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Tnsharpshooter
On 9/23/2018 at 8:46 AM, Propjob said:

Well , I was using explorer xs to work in the test garden and noticed half the screen went out. Discovered that a couple of the plastic bosses  for the screws in the control head had broken, allowing the pc board to separate.  On last ditch effort to repair would be to replace plastic control housing if cost effective. So looking to purchase a front half for the control housing..  This is the plastic that the keypad attaches too.  I would consider a parted machine if not cost prohibitive.  I am kind of attached to the xs , and was trying to keep as a backup, but I think it is P......d because the nox  is the new kid.  Prop

I have a unit.

Pretty good shape.

Stock Coil

It has the headphone jack thingy (stand) that converts the small headphone jack to the bigger standard headphone jack.  So bigger jack headphones can be used.

No rechargeable battery only Aa battery holder.

Backlight works.

You want it, $200 shipped to your door.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TN Sharpshooter. I ended up repairing it and sold it.  Taped housing with filament tape and tested.  Aside from the tape, unit worked fine. Just had to be real careful of the pins on circuit board.  Sorry, just got this  Snow has invaded the NorthEast