Rye Patch Trip

LuckyLundy

Yes, you are the God of Rye Patch! What a great haul for such a short time....I spent a week there early this summer, and didn’t even find half that much! Great job Rick!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

You were indeed...... Luck Lundy.? Very nice. What a way to kick out a skunk & your first detect for a wee while. Good for you. Congrats.

Best of luck out there.

JW :smile:

JW,

You need to come over to Rye Patch and hunt with Rick and we need to go over to NZ and hunt with YOU.

Who is more lucky?  (My meaning is both of you know where the gold is hiding that the rest of us don't find!)

It's more than luck.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Peg & Mitch,

Peg, it was warm when I was out there and I’m sure no bargain during your visit.  Best deal is a quad or side by side to skip and jump...I like finding and area that will keep my attention with quality targets, so keep moving until you find the spots.  The big one and a couple of it’s buddies came off a new slope.  Had to leave a few for Robin, for our next trip! And have them marked on the GPZ in case I forgot, lol.

Mitch,

You know Rye Patch pretty good and don’t think for a minute that I haven’t been skunked out there before.  Old saying of mine is “Every Day is a Different Day” when Metal Detecting, crazy the stuff you leave for a different day...see ya at the outing!

Rick

• Like 3

Rick,

Another great trip to R-P that you can add to your list of successful detecting adventures. I always enjoy your tales of the hunt. I am planning to spend a week at R-P beginning around Oct. 15 or 16. Won't make the club outing this year, will miss seeing everyone this time around. 

Thank you for sharing your hard earned knowledge and for the tag-alongs the past few years.

Joe

• Like 1