Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

New XP Orx Page Added

I have put up a page to collect new information on the XP Orx as it appears.

xp-orx-metal-detector.jpg.b30c5bb8b068e9
New XP ORX metal detector

new-xp-orx-metal-detector-gold-nugget-se

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Steve

I got a email from Deus last night and they said the ORX will be available by the end of November. 

I had the XP and it was a great detector but my problem was having to charge everything. 

That’s a great price and they saying a five year warranty.

I wonder if anyone will top are equal the same warranty time in 2019 ?

One thing for sure they getting a jump on what’s new in 2019.

Chuck

The Deus ORX came out in a blaze of glory but then went dead in the water. One video is a show and tell but the others are all tell .I guess give it time and we’ll learn more.

Chuck

Nothing much to say until they get into user hands for field reports.

The ORX like it’s name is an odd duck. Nothing that most Deus owners will be interested in since it is a step down from a Deus. Some may be interested in it as a lower cost alternative to the Deus, but the emphasis really is on gold prospecting and the price difference is not that much anyway. And in my opinion prospectors have been overwhelmed by too many choices lately, a complete flip from a few years ago. Is there seriously anyone left in the U.S. that is interested in gold prospecting with a metal detector who does not already have one? Or two?

Part of me wants to get one of these simply because I have used every VLF nugget hunter made in the last couple decades. The truth however is it is just another hot single frequency detector, one of many. The ORX won’t detect gold any better than a dozen other detectors that are already in existence. The only real attraction for me is I do like the way the Deus and Orx collapse down quickly, making for a nice unit to pack in a rucksack. However, the fact that I already know how it will perform without even laying hands on one means that I have finally accepted that single frequency has hit the limits, and trying one out would simply be going through the motions. I am sure it would just be a repeat of what I already experienced with the Deus HF elliptical coil so I doubt I will bother. That’s not to say this would not be a great little detector for somebody, but in my case, been there, done that.

xp-deus-new-hf-elliptical-coil.jpg.84bbb

• Like 3

It looks like it would be very unstable of it's feet is that why you've got it laying sideways?  It looks more unstable than most detectors due to the rod, I do think I like the style of rod though for swing comfort. 

It is not the rod so much as the elliptical coil in this case. The pointy end makes for an easy rollover compared to coils that have a flat rear end bearing surface.

Having used the elliptical coil my preference if buying one of these new would be the 9” round coil option. The elliptical has the edge for the smallest gold in difficult ground but I think the 9” round coil option offers a better all round balance for detection of both large and small objects.

• Like 1

Steve

I’m incline to agree with you on our cup run over with single frequency nugget and coin detectors .

I really don’t know why they bother coming out with something that so many others have already done .Right now the weight of their detector is the best thing going for them .

I can’t say I won’t buy one but if I do it’s because I like trying something new . It won’t be because I need it.

If the XP Deus and another had came out with a small coil right away I’d still had both .

Just think it will be lots to look forward to in 2019 .  ( I hope )

Chuck

• Like 1

Deus keep saying the ORX will be out by the end of November. I find it hard to believe that someone in the good old USA don’t have one in their hands as I write this.

When a new detector like the ORX hits the market so does videos and dealers telling you what they have you can’t live without. This flood of info is not generated over night but long before we see the first unit.

It’s also talk if you really want to coin hunt with the ORX you may see the need to buy the X35 coil. As all know it don’t come cheap!

This is just another detector that’s running one frequency at a time.

I believe the thing it has going for it is being under two pounds. I think just about every grandkid I got could swing it . They talking about the price may hit around a thousand and with nine grandkids forget that.

Chuck 

Here’s a recent video

Tnsharpshooter

I thank you for posting the video.  I just don’t know what’s wrong with me. My hearing has gone out on me . I think it would be best if I see a doctor tomorrow being I didn’t understand a word that guy said .

Chuck 

• Haha 1