There is a nice write up with lots of photos just posted by one of the Nokta Anfibio prototype testers. There is mention made of the Nokta Anfibio Multi Cache Mode, called Treasure Mode in the review. There are other tidbits also. Check it out at http://hobby-detecting.com/nokta-anfibio-our-review-of-the-new-detector-tips-thoughts-experience-finds/

nokta-anfibio-waterproof-multi-frequency

Seems like the "Treasure" mode is akin to the Cache (CL) mode on the F75.  Very, very few people found this to be a useful feature, now Boost mode was a different story.   On previous Makro/Nokta models their DEEP mode was locked at 2-tones, whereas on the F75 you could use Boost mode with any tone configuration.  Has this changed on the Anfibio?

Looks like a nice machine, but from what I can tell thus far, not enough to persuade me to "upgrade" from my Multi Kruzer.  Nice that they share the same coils, as they'll be a nice selection of coils right out of the gate on the Anfibio.

• Like 1

In simple terms, two things control noise or "chattyness". Gain, and recovery speed. 

The higher the Gain and the faster the recovery speed, the more "sparky" a unit will be. There is obviously a lot more under the hood that that, but with the different modes there will be different levels of Gain, Recover Speed, Audio (beep or VCO), how many tone splits there are, and also what Target ID scale is applied to the mode.

As an example, the Impact uses the 0-40 ferrous scale in the following modes: Gen, Gen D, STA, STA D, Deep, VLX1, VLX2. Whereas the 0-15 ferrous scale is used in 2-tone, DI3, DI4, DI99 and COG  modes. 

Then the other things that makes up a mode is AC or DC, i.e. motion or non-motion. The non-motion Cache mode in 5kHz should be crazy deep on large items. One item that comes to mind here that is a very desirable relic find is a Cricket Belt Buckle.  

Watch from the ten minute mark. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By kac
      Curious if it handles the salt at all being such a high frequency.
    • By Glenn in CO
      The information in this video was made in November 2020.

• By dogodog
      Found a rare undetected park this weekend (I'm assuming). It was started in the late 20's. The first day,Saturday was 36 degrees and windy. My buddy  with the nox 800, found around $5.00 in clad and a 37 merc. and a 1940 WL 1/2 dollar. I hit nothing but clad about $4.00. Sunday was way colder, but a way better day for finds. My buddy again hit up on 3 merc's and a small silver ring. I redeemed myself by finding a 1918 merc a 1959 rosevelt and a 1964 Kennedy 1/2. I also found a lone buffie, (my first one in years), game galaxy token, $3.50 in clad and what I believe to be an Oldsmobile key ring ? Not sure of the era on this, but it has a serial # on the back. Seems to be made from brass. Very cool find I think. We stopped digging penny's within the first hour, this place was filthy with them. I'm looking forward to some more good finds here soon, because we only hunted an acre out of about 30.

• By The Georgiadigger
      When I first got the Anfibio Multi. I read/heard of "D2 mode" of settings being used for Relic Hunting. Term was used on boards across the pond. That I can't fully understand terms being used and, they don't speak red-neck. Slight language barrier 🚧, to say the least but, in past I've gleamed info from. Well, several months later. I still find myself basically using 2 tones, pretty much at basic set-up. I do good with this but, reading the boards again. I'm ready to explore new settings. Can anyone break "D2 Mode" settings down in the simplest terms for me? Has anyone else ran across this discussion before? Point me in right direction at least?

• By Nik11
      2 metal detectors under 1000$€£ 
      Both have won many compliments and have been talked a lot  since they were released in the market! Which one would YOU choose...? 🤔
    • By dogodog
      Had another good day detecting a rather large hay field. I was using the new superfly coil on the MK, and most of my finds were all ammo related. I found 12 keepers which means no plastic. They range in age from 1920's to the 1940's. the best one, which I have never found before was a  Winchester Nublack made from 1905 to 1938. The others were REM UMC 1915 to 1942, Winchester repeater 1896 to 1938, Winchester Leader 1933, Sears unknown 1920's to 1940's, Western Xpert 1914 to 1932. If you ever want to find the head stamp dates (Cartridge-corner.com) is the place to go. I  hit up on some buckshot and a older rifled slug, AKA Pumpkin ball or as my dad would say Punkin ball. The rifled slug was developed by Wilhelm Brenneke in 1898, Karl Foster designed a similar slug in 1937 and patented in 1947. They are the ones you find in most brands today. Of course I found the wonderful 22. This round was developed in 1845 by Louis Nicolas Flobert and introduced in 1887. This was the first rimfire it was in 6mm. Union Metallic Cartridge Co. perfected the 22 in 1884, And "Voila" we have the best selling cartridge in the world. I saved the best for last because they have a great history. Finding three colonial musket balls in one field for me just does not happen. Two of them look fired the other was a drop. That ball is in beautiful shape, you  can clearly see the sprue and the casting marks around the middle. I believe they are for the old and well distributed Brown Bess. It was produced from 1722 to 1838. Over 4,000,000 were made. This gun was used in every major conflict from the American Revolution to the American civil war. So the next time your out and find some boring old ammo, You just might find some cool history in your hand.