Minelab Waterproof Headphone Options

Bill (S. CA)

For those of you who are intending to get wet with your Equinox, there are now several options.  Of course there are the Minelab headphones, and Grey Ghost has a model they have brought out.  I don't know anyone who is using them yet but both are pretty established outfits.  Tony Eisenhower is making a custom set (see his YouTube video) and I have two friends who love them.  And now you can add one more...under the brand name of Patriot.  Some of you may know that brand and its maker, Joe Demarco, a very well known hunter.   His Patriot land phones are very good - I have known several hunts who have liked them.  I should imagine his waterproof headphones are equally good.  Here's a link to his phones: http://demarcodetectorsales.com/en/patriot-equinox-water-weq

No advocacy here of one over the other but I thought it might be helpful to put the current choices all up in one place if you are considering waterproof headphones for your Equinox.

Bill

• Like 2

I’ll add another option for waterproof headphones.

the Detect-Ed RedDevils!

I personally make them and have them available at www.detect-ed.com if anyone is interested :)

the price is in Australian dollars by default but can be changed at the top right 

D27D2FC3-76DB-4217-B96B-75E5B870EC04.jpeg

9015385D-C511-4FF9-ACA1-7957F8A651E1.jpeg

6 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

For those of you who are intending to get wet with your Equinox, there are now several options.  Of course there are the Minelab headphones, and Grey Ghost has a model they have brought out.  I don't know anyone who is using them yet but both are pretty established outfits.  Tony Eisenhower is making a custom set (see his YouTube video) and I have two friends who love them.  And now you can add one more...under the brand name of Patriot.  Some of you may know that brand and its maker, Joe Demarco, a very well known hunter.   His Patriot land phones are very good - I have known several hunts who have liked them.  I should imagine his waterproof headphones are equally good.  Here's a link to his phones: http://demarcodetectorsales.com/en/patriot-equinox-water-weq

No advocacy here of one over the other but I thought it might be helpful to put the current choices all up in one place if you are considering waterproof headphones for your Equinox.

Bill

add  LS.PELSO  and Harold's in Fla headphones

I have the genuine Minelab phones and am convinced somebody is going to make better ones, but it seems like everyone is still working bugs out to one degree or another. I am going to sit back and let the dust settle for a few months first, and see how it all shakes out. So like a lot of people I am interested in all of them.

• Like 2

Steve, I wish I could say I’ve tried the ML ones to say how they compare but I can’t.

I can say that they are a lot louder especially while under water than the Hungarians and that show in newer scuba footage I’ve got on the GoPro as I can now hear the detector in the recording. ?

Also the Hungarians have some kind of harmonic bias toward a couple tones making them louder BUT only above water, the new ones I can use in 50 tones underwater very happily.

• Like 1

No bugs that i know of in Tonys phones...... by the way hes trying a new sound board my phones are on the way back to him to UPGRADE.  Looking forward to see what affect it has.... he really makes a very good set of dunkable phones.

I see MAL and GOG has got theirs available too.  You can remove the link to Harolds phones Steve ...... because of health reasons he no long does them.