What do you guys think about these?

I made them initially because it’s what I need but...

I’ve got a small batch of Carbon shafts for the Minelab Equinox that are perfect for shortening your detector right up for transport or water type detecting, for a fully collapsed detector you’ll have shave down or melt the small plastic locating pin on the handle clamp to let the inner shaft come in and get the last 100mm of retraction.

They look superb, have no wobble or slop and are a lot lighter than the stock shaft (110g vs 186g)

Even when fully collapsed and the aluminium clamp Is within the coils proximity it has no effect on detection depth, sensitivity or ID surprisingly.

Taking PRE-ORDERS for a discounted price of AUD$75.00  ~USD$54.00

They are very limited so definitely be quick as most are already gone!

http://www.detect-Ed.com

All comments welcome ?

Cheers!

Ed

77B0A84D-47CA-4AA8-953F-9B85FE3E0DAE.jpeg

350B4AC6-73C3-4632-9B9E-998673C30BEC.jpeg

D05FEAF7-24A1-42EC-9C68-F81DA5F665E2.jpeg

87AE1767-5940-4E2D-A18D-66D981057632.jpeg

FDF0CB85-BF11-4877-8C95-1135D0BDDC09.jpeg

393847F2-DDC2-472D-B71E-2F27A03AA1E5.jpeg

• Like 7

Ed,

Very nice-looking shaft you've got there!

Steve

Can you put a video up of one? It looks like something I could use.  A bit iffy on the alloy clamp though... Is it away from the coil when at full length? 

I think I need to place an order but I see on your site it says they're sold out.

Not so surprising........ we used to have metal coil bolts.   They move with the coil so the machine doesnt react to them...... but what some found out is that they could cause dead spots on the coil where sensitivity was reduced.

Yes the alloy clamp is exactly where the lower cam lock used to be so absolutely out of the way ?

Yes sold out! I’ll have some more within 3 weeks though ? 

Essentially it collapses down to a CTX form factor but still fully extends

Ill try and get video on YouTube demoing it

6034B475-3FDC-499A-83C9-3BD66849A8C1.jpeg

675A2E3D-8BBB-48C5-8E5C-F4794B953E74.jpeg

D28CB343-EAF4-440B-83BB-11CD803AF4C4.jpeg

• Like 2

Ok sold, let me know when you've got more and I'll bang in an order! Thanks.

• Like 1

Now, depending on what length everyone here has there detector at for normal operation I can cut down the carbon to a custom length for you so it’ll collapse even further when not in use or when in the water etc.

Currentlythe carbon rod is equivelant  length to the alloy shaft and does collapse 200mm shorter than it BUT most people probably don’t even use their equinox at full length so for example I’m 6’2” and I use the equinox at the 4th pin hole from the bottom so I could further shorten it by 6” (150mm) and have a very compact shaft that’ll be ideal for me in any situation.

Very nice to see.  I very often have mine set at the 4th pin hole as well because it's usable to detect with and quickly fits in vehicles at that length.  However I'm still occasionally pushing it to the 2nd hole as it feels like a more natural swing for me.  I might be willing to give that up though for the ability to get really short for water use.

I agree, sometimes it’s nice to lengthen the detector out and just do broad swings letting the centrifugal forces hold it up but I generally run at 4.

To be honest it’s perfectly divable as is and I feel no need for it to be shorter other than convenience when transporting.

Which set of holes does everyone use for their arm cuff?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By steveg
      Hi all!

I wanted to give an update on the GARRETT shafts (middle and lower sections) that I've been working on, at Steve's Detector Rods. The first batch of 10 prototypes are complete (I made them in four different colors -- black, green/black, red/black and blue/black), and I am VERY pleased with the result -- I think they have turned out great! The two shaft sections are connected by one of my heavy-duty clamp-type cam locks (as used on my Equinox shafts), which eliminates the twist-lock and the spring button/button-hole design that is used for attachment of these two shaft sections, on the Garrett shaft.

AS A RESULT, my shaft offers four benefits over the stock middle and lower shaft sections...
      LIGHTER WEIGHT. My carbon-fiber middle and lower shaft sections offer a 20% weight reduction over the stock Garrett middle and lower sections. (My two-piece shaft weighs 5 ounces +/- .1 oz or so, whereas Garrett's two sections weigh 6.1 ounces +/- .1 oz or so). FASTER/EASIER INSTALLATION AND SHAFT LENGTH ADJUSTMENT. With no twist lock and no spring button/button holes to fumble with, attachment of the lower shaft to the middle shaft is quick and easy; simply flip open the clamping lever on the cam lock, insert the lower rod section into the middle shaft section, and lock the clamping lever closed! UNLIMITED ADJUSTMENT LENGTH OF THE LOWER ROD SECTION. Again, with no spring button/button holes on the shaft, you can quickly and easily adjust the lower rod to ANY desired length, as opposed to having your lower rod adjustment length confined to pre-determined button-hole locations. IMPROVED AESTHETICS/VISUAL APPEARANCE. The high-quality, attractive look of carbon fiber offers an upgrade the look of your Garrett machine. And, you can add even more visual appeal -- making your AT- or Ace-series machine really "stand out" from the crowd -- by choosing one of a number of custom colors for your carbon-fiber shaft. A green/black prototype shaft is pictured, below!
      If you have any interest in upgrading to a carbon-fiber shaft for your AT- or Ace-series machine from Garrett, contact me via PM, by email at steve@stevesdetectorrods.com, or via Facebook message (www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods).

THANKS!

Steve

• By phrunt
      A decent video comparing targets on the Vanquish Vs the Equinox.
      The Vanquish really looks like the perfect first detector for someone, easy to use, built based on the Equinox so performance is pretty damn impressive.
    • By phrunt
      I figured I should post this here as I posted the information elsewhere on the forum that's less relevant than here.
      Our extremely innovative Russian friends have managed to make a range of aftermarket coils for the Equinox, they remove the security chip out of your coil, reseal your coil and give you an adapter which then allows you to run aftermarket coils.  They make a range of sizes too.   My pick of the bunch would be the 9.5x5.5!

That's the range of sizes and pricing in Russian currency.
      You can find out more about it here on these Russian forums, you'll have to use Google translate or something similar to read it.
      Original thread
      http://foxmd.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=77_92
      More information
      http://foxmd.ru/index.php?route=product/category&path=93
      And videos from them about the coils
      and lucky last 🙂
      When nobody can do it, the Russians do and they do it well.

• By Pavlos97
      Hi everyone,
      I want make me sure if my program on my Detector is properly set or..
      I own Equinox for 4 weeks and walked lot of km with it (90% of time on field). But I am still little confused about my settings to forest. I tryied with settings: field 1, 5 tone, disc -9 to 0, Rs 4 and iron bias 2. Our woods is pretty clear, so I can get more depth. (I am coin hunter)
      What I read or what I heard is that park 2 is more to depth than field 1..
      But park 2 is more for dirty locations..
      I'm from central Europe and local old silver coins are differently conductive because of their age and and size.
      what would you recommend? Park or field settings?
      I'm still trying to understand it and I'm still learning. I will be glad for your advice, I have not read anything about the forest anywhere in the topic.
      PS: sorry for my english I'm not native speaker 

Thank you
    • By JohnnyRox
      Which do you think will hit deeper on wet sand?  I'd prefer a TDIBH over a DF but I'm budget limited.