GM1000 Vs Equinox Vs White’s 24k

• 1 month later...

I dont own an Equinox (but would like to), however I own both a GM1000 and a 24K. Out of ALL the VLF gold prospecting detectors out there, the GM1000 has the greatest power and ability to find small gold. BUT....and its a BIG BUT... the GM1000's audio and signal processing creates its own 'monster' in that if you use this detector with high sensitivity  (where all the real power of the unit is exhibited) and you encounter ANY mineralization, the clicks, clucks, pops and farts that the machine makes can mask most/all of the signals you're trying to hear (except for those rare individuals who are able to master the nuances of the monsters audio). If you reduce the sensitivity or use Auto 1 or 2 (sensibly) you bring yourself back to a level of performance that is matched by the Gold Bug 2, GMT etc. Now, Ive used my new 24K for a few hours and quickly came to the conclusion that this high frequency VLF actually DOES have some new tech that is practical. For instance, Ive never used a round concentric coil with such a detector that wasnt utter crap before.....here in Oz, we have 'mild' ground that equates to 'Hot' ground in most other countries. Couple a concentric coil with high frequency and its completely unusable here. Not so with this 6.5" 24K coil. Its not far off the ability of the 10x5DD that is supplied. Yes, its a little noisier, but not much.

Couple this with the great XGB ground tracking and fixed GB/grab, its quite promising. I can vouch for its performance and ability and the gold has already started flowing for me with it. My Gold Bug 2 has been retired for now and my GM1000 is being disposed of. I think that says it all....

• Like 3