Will Equinox Pave The Way?

Desert Dawg

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

...the guy that designed the V3i no longer works there.

Actually, it was a team of 4, and one might take offense at being called a guy. But, yes, they're all gone.

2 hours ago, Geotech said:

Actually, it was a team of 4, and one might take offense at being called a guy. But, yes, they're all gone.

Hey Carl,

Sorry about that, I was under the impression you were the lead designer?  I take it your a hardware designer, not a programmer, is that correct?

It would be great to see a modernized version of the V3i, but I suspect White's wont be doing that any time soon, then again one never knows.

Yeah, my only involvement with the V3 design was to "shoot the engineer."

I do both hardware and software. Coming from a chip design background, my real expertise is analog design, but I do a significant amount of C/C++ programming, too.

• Like 2

Funny story.  I followed Carl’s Geotech forum for several years.  One day I was looking at Whites webpage and for no good reason, clicked on the “careers” tab (or whatever it was called).  I saw that they were looking for a Chief Engineer.  Very soon after (or maybe just before I did that ) Carl posted on Geotech that he was taking a job in the detector industry (or something like that) and would therefore be somewhat restricted as to what he could disclose in future.

I PM’d him and asked if he took the job at Whites —— Bingo.

forums are fun - if you keep your eyes and ears open.

• Like 3