MX Sport & Monte Nail Board Test Video

☠ Cipher

• 2 weeks later...

ok I'll bite, why no replys to this post? 

Well, I thought it was a remarkably honest video coming as it does straight from the manufacturer. Some people don’t like the nail board test for various reasons but it does at least provide a standardized test where few exist. Anyway, I thought Tom did an excellent job with no attempt to sugar coat - well done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Well, I thought it was a remarkably honest video coming as it does straight from the manufacturer. Some people don’t like the nail board test for various reasons but it does at least provide a standardized test where few exist. Anyway, I thought Tom did an excellent job with no attempt to sugar coat - well done.

I agree. has anyone done any videos of other detectors using the monte board? Do you ever use the monte board?

On 10/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, gambler said:

I agree. has anyone done any videos of other detectors using the monte board? Do you ever use the monte board?

There are videos using different detectors using Monte's nail board test on Youtube.

I use Monte's nail board trying different size and types of coils and how the coils separate iron from a good target. It also gives you an idea of what type of response to expect or listen for when using different detectors, customize programs and settings and coils in a iron infested site. You can use other targets ( buttons, jewelry, bullets etc.) to see how your detector and coil setup responds to those targets.

As Steve H. said it provides a standardized test not 100% full proof (different types of nails, trash, mineralization etc.) that you may encounter out in the field that will mask targets.

• Like 2

.For the 2D nailboard test, the size of the coil has a significant effect on the results ... 11 "I have bad results in the 2D nailbord test" Coils 9 ", and I have less than good results in this test ... In my the 3D-deep separation test, coils Under 9" they have bad results and on the other hand coils 9" and more have good and excellent results in the 3D test .., - here is also the height of the coil above the nails, most of the detectors work well from 0-15,20 cm above the nails, except is Tecnetics G2- 13 "ultimate - the 0-20cm does not produce a positive signal signal, it starts to pass such a 3D test and at a height of 20-25cm above the nails with a very high separation is good for detection in winter ... when it's snow-...Detectors in my 2D naiboard test and 3D test: Whites SpectraV3 -4x6" ,6x9"eclipse,8x6 "sef, 10"dd whites,12x10"sef,6x10" mars sniper coil,,...Teknetics G2 - 3.5x 6.5" nel snake ,11"dd ,13"ultimate coil,..Golden mask coin killer 15khz-5"spider,9"spider coil,.... Rutus Optima- V.2-16 khz DD23CM, DD29cm coil, rutus Argo V.3 6.6khz..- DD29 cm coil,....                                                            If you are testing the detectors in the nailbord test, you will notice that almost all detectors have the problem of passing 4th in coin position number 2 ... detectors with fast reset recovery delay do not keep, Whites Spectra V3 with recovery delay setting 45 or more it goes very all right.

montes-nail-board-test-pattern-01_DxO.jpg

• Like 1