First Nugget With My New 5000

Thanks. The weather is turning bad quicker than normal this year. I may not get to get out detecting many more times before winter, if at all. It was supposed to snow the day I found the heart nugget with the 5000. Luckily it didn't.

Laughing, yah I was thinking about the username too of needing to be changed. I have intention of getting the sadie, the nf 8x12  or  9x14 and perhaps the 15" round.  I had my gpx4000 for 5 yrs with mono coils. It was sweet and I didn't want to sell it in 2012 but had to.  The 5000 is the end all pulse induction detector for me. I have no interest in the 7000. Every where I detect, there is tons of trash from the old timers, so having the discrimination is important. It never lied to me with the 4000 and judging from my targets using it, it is just as accurate with the 5000. I have heard people say it is not accurate with the gpx series, but it has never been wrong with me. I trust it. Learning to trust what your detector is telling you is very important.

• Like 1

Congratulations goldseeker getting your first gold with the 5000.  You`re right, the 5000 is way hotter in fine gold than the 4000 was.  The 4000 is a terrific detector on bigger gold but not in the hunt when it comes to the small stuff.   Dave

3 hours ago, goldseeker4000 said:

Learning to trust what your detector is telling you is very important.

Darn right there GS - - - that and a good positive attitude is the key to detecting :wink:

Way to go Reese.....!!!!!!   Skunk on my end today...….give me a buzz?