Blown Out By Emi

Cal_Cobra

Well its funny you mention this actually.  Overall i feel the 1.75 has performed better.  But yesterday i was under a small power-line and it was a bit skittish.  More so than when i was there operating with the 1.5.  I may do a test with both on camera, and start to nail down whats happening.

• Like 1

I was sold on the reports that the tones were coming in more clear and the coins on edge enhancement on firmware rev 1.75 vs 1.5.  At this particular site, there are zero five star signals left, every signal is a deep whisper or masked by iron with a mixed tone ID.  Past trips there with the EQ800 I was able to go slow and low and bring those signals in to a recognizable deep penny/dime flutey tone (like a deep penny/dime signal on an Explorer), but in order to get those deep signals I had to push the sensitivity up (22+).  If I just dropped it to 20, I'd loose some of those signals.  

I'm thinking the next time I go there, perhaps I'll revert back to firmware rev 1.5, hunt and see how it performs,.  If it's back "on" I'll flag a couple of deep whisper signals, and then load firmware rev 1.75 on and see how it does.  Now if it immediately gets blown out on firmware rev 1.5, then there must be a new source of EMI at this site and those old coins will remain there forever. 

• Like 2