Found a 1/3 Ounce Gold Nugget at Depth with the GPZ 7000

Nice job!

That was a beauty Rob!  Thanks for the gold fix ;)

Rob, great nugget and thanks for the video. The GPZ can really punch deep on the larger nuggets!

Bill

Yeah NICE chunk!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments.  When I first heard the target, it was really faint, but did't want to start the video process until I had a better signal or confirmation it was a true signal.  About an hour prior, I had a similar type target, set up the video and dug the target down about a foot.  

Due to the target location & signal response I felt this was a good target and not going to be rubbish.  No question, the GPZ 7000 is going deeper, but I'm still learning when I should be in certain settings.  The ground will really determine what settings you can run.  I tried several suggestions originally on the forums, they all were a no-go.  Way too much mineralization in the ground to run those settings.  

All I can say is experiment, no different than prior PI's such as the GPX series.  

If I find a few ounces of missed, deeper gold per year, it will only take me 5 years to pay for it.  I guess that is better than most auto loans ... 

:D

Good luck out there.