Simple 14.8v Battery Pack For TDI Beach Hunter

Tony

Just thought I'd post this.............

I now run a 14.8v pack (4 x 18650 cells in series) which gives me a 7 hour run time. My previous version used loose cells in a holder but I wasn't happy with that.

I made up a battery lead that connects directly to the battery compartment contacts with small brass "screw terminal" connectors soldered with 22AWG wire. A bit fiddly to hook up (long and narrow screw driver needed to tighten the two terminal screws) but very secure and + - leads well apart to avoid a short.

I may put in place a rubber divider that further separates the +- battery contacts but the screw connectors are quite secure.

The battery pack fits in snugly and does not move around at all.

I deliberately made the wire lead long enough so the battery can be unplugged with the excess lead bundled inside the battery compartment.

Tony

IMG_20181005_075644606_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181005_080045274.jpg

IMG_20181005_075627405.jpg

• Like 3

Just to clarify....the bare wires are soldered directly to the side of the brass screw terminals.

The screw terminals have a small hole through them which slide in over the battery contacts and then the screw is tightened to secure the leads.

Sliding the screw terminals over the battery contacts is a bit tricky as the contacts are kind of "L" shaped. Select a screw terminal that has a big enough hole to get over the contacts.

Tony

• Confused 1

Hi tony

I am a South Korean detector

You are interested in upgrading your battery

But there's something I don't understand. How did you do the screw-to-neutral connection to the battery contact terminal? Did you rip the body open?

I'm not sure I understand your question......

All connections are done through the battery compartment but you need a very long and thin screwdriver to be able to reach down and tighten the screws. There is definitely no need to open up the detector.

I hope this has answered your question. I don't understand "screw to neutral" ??

Maybe lost in translation?

Tony

• Thanks 1

Thank you, Tony.

I think the translation is wrong because I was using Google Translator.

Let me ask you another question.

How did you solder the screw?

I want to know more about soldering parts.

And I want to know the ingredients exactly.

How did you get soldered in the battery compartment?

Can't you see the ways in the pictures?

I really want to upgrade my battery.

I bought the ingredients for the picture.

29042328_Screenshot_20181006-160622_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c4e3b560f5a5b1f8358d051d78a7050e.jpg

Screenshot_20181006-160616_Samsung Internet.jpg