Simple 14.8v Battery Pack For TDI Beach Hunter

Tony

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Surely you can by Lithium 18650 cells in Canada ?......correct, they can't be shipped by air from overseas.

the prob im having is getting the batteries etc shipped to canada

.do you have facebook etc would like to add ya m8 ..im gonna try and do this as i know ill get more depth but would appreciate all you knowledge m8 if you dont mine  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/9/2019 at 6:57 AM, Tony said:

This is good for a 3 cell setup but not 4 cells......need the extra 3.7v cell.

Posted files a while ago. If I remember well, it was just an adaptor you have to drop in the housing to touch battery leads, so no need to hook up wires with nuts and bolts... 

In other words, this will fit to any pack you are planning for the TDI. You have just to add the battery pack....

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 5:39 PM, tdihunter said:

the prob im having is getting the batteries etc shipped to canada

.do you have facebook etc would like to add ya m8 ..im gonna try and do this as i know ill get more depth but would appreciate all you knowledge m8 if you dont mine  

Harvest them from a non-functional laptop battery.  There are some good articles online with instructions.  In my experience ~50% of "dead" laptop lithium ion cells are still a-okay.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming the circuitry is the same as the TDI SL, it draws about 500ma.

Jim

An update on my battery pack, I went to the beach this morning with the pack charged and showing 16.75v. 
I used the TdiBH for 2.5 hours at full gain in conductivity mode and checked the voltage afterwards and it was showing 15.27v. 
My friend was with me using his TdiBH with a fully charged stock 12v battery pack. 
After the same time and settings his pack had dropped to 10.25v. 
I’m impressed would be an understatement. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hey guys, 

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but where would the new battery pack (in the original post) sit in the machine?  Would it need to be put into one of the battery trays, or does it just kind of sit loosely in the battery compartment?  If the latter is the case, is there a way to pad the batteries so they don't rattle around?

Thanks!

-Kerry