Last Days For Tesoro?

Observers of Tesoro feared it was headed in this direction as the company just wasn't doing enough to keep up with the competition.  I'm doubtful the lifetime warranty was that big of a problem.  I have two Tesoro's, and have never needed repair.  Also, Tesoro did apparently switch at some point from a true lifetime warranty to one that expired when the machine was sold on the used market; so the number of machines covered 10-20 years later is probably small.

I don’t think Tesoro’s warranty has never been transferable or otherwise extended to other than the original purchaser.  Here’s a quote for the users manual for the Tesoro Mayan - from 1983.

This instrument is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship as long as it is owned by the original consumer purchaser. This warranty is not transferable, and is valid only if the warranty registration card has been completed and mailed within 10 days of purchase.

During the first two years, TESORO will, at its option, repair or replace any instrument covered by this warranty, without charge, except for transportation charges, at its factory in Prescott, Arizona, or at one of its authorized repair centers. After two years from date of purchase, TESORO will replace defective parts at no charge except a nominal labor change and transportation charges.”

http://www.tesoro.com/info/manuals/older/mayan/mayanmanual.html

By the time of the introduction of the Lobo Super Trac in 1997, it  had been improved slightly to read...

This instrument is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship as long as it is owned by the original consumer purchaser. This warranty is not transferable and is valid only if the warranty registration card has been completed and mailed within 10 days of purchase.

TESORO will, at its option, repair or replace any instrument covered by this warranty, without charge, except for transportation charges, at its factory in Prescott, Arizona.”

They were previously pretty easy about fixing any old detector that showed up under warranty, but that ended a number of years ago - I know this by my own experience with used machines I have sent for repair.

http://www.tesoro.com/info/manuals/current/lobost/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

EDIT... never mind my comment on the website as it is still up. Still would be nice if they would give us some info though!

The website appears to have vanished?(ooops) Kind of a bummer, would of been nice if they released some info.  

A closeout garage sale would have been sweet!  I want a backup cleansweep!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I bought Tesoro Mojave .. My first impression-positives..

november 22 iphone5S 2018 012_DxO.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The business may be closed but someone is there collecting customers' detectors (to sell?) we sent in for repairs!

I followed the instructions on the Tesoro website just weeks ago and shipped my Compadre to have it repaired. The package was delivered but I have received no email or follow-up phone call about the work needed. It has now been almost a month and I have heard nothing back from them whatsoever and I have not received my detector back. I tried calling them from my end for the past several days but no one answers.

If they decided to close the business they could at least have update the damn website so unwitting clients don't send their machines into a blackhole never to be seen again! How in hell do we get our metal detectors back?! Bid on them at the liquidation auction!?

Contact me with any information: 775X785X9800

TERRIBLE COMPANY! GOOD RIDDANCE!