Last Days For Tesoro?

7 hours ago, Noah (FL) said:

I was poking around online and it seems that nobody actually has a new compadre for sale???  Have looked on every dealers website I coukd find and not a one!!!  

Also it seems the website is down???!  I’m currently outside the US so it may be a server thing???  I’ll have ti check tomorrow but the end may indeed be nigh?

If your in the UK . If i remember right a local dealer to me has the Compadre in stock , i'm sure they have a few still . 

If your here call Detecnicks  tel .  01243 545060  or look up their site. You need the UK number too .

46 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

If your in the UK . If i remember right a local dealer to me has the Compadre in stock , i'm sure they have a few still . 

If your here call Detecnicks  tel .  01243 545060  or look up their site. You need the UK number too .

I already have all the Tesoros I need, hopefully they will keep finding me jewelry as long as I can keep digging!!!  I just happened to be looking for a certain coil and noticed that the Compadres seemed to be out of stock on the dealers websites that I usually deal with. I live in the US but am currently traveling in OZ, NZ and Japan for work.  That’s why I wasn’t sure about Tesoros website not loading, sometimes US sites don’t load properly from foreign servers.  But alas, it appears to be down and inventory appears to be quickly running out.  

Ive said it before but I am so glad that I learned detecting with a Tesoro.  I can confidently take a Mojave or Compadre into a playground after watching someone hunt  it with another machine and know there will still be targets that were too close to the posts for them to find with anything else. Just a shame that Tesoro never found a proper way to market their machines and educate the users.  

• Like 2

Be nice if they posted something on their home page on what is going on. They had so many loyal customers they just walked away from. Certainly not how I would do business.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Tesoro website is back up but the navigation structure seems to be missing. Here is a direct link to the detector index.

Theres nothing on there about the Laser detectors they sell. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, phrunt said:

A fair bit of the Tesoro website including the manuals can be accessed here

http://tesoro.com/info/

But if you're really wanting to see the old site again you can view it all here

https://web.archive.org/web/20180402132924/http://tesoro.com/

So then . Are they still going/gone bust or are they back ?

Rumor has it they filed for bankruptcy and if so that could mean they are shaking debt and reorganizing or shutting down. Only ones that really know is the Giffords and would be nice if they just posted something on their site. My hunch might be re-organizing but I'm being hopeful. 

• Like 2

Me too, I hate to see them go under.  Their machines have a superior audio function to say the least.  When I had the Vaquero I could actually tell when the detector had found a pencil eraser metal tip.  Amazing the clarity of the audio reports on the Tesoro machines.

• Like 3

I did an audio recording of my Tejon of different items and you can actually see differences in the audio forms between nickels and pull tabs. My recording was way hot and had clipping and plan on redoing them and posting again. Wish the VDI machines had those tone differences other than flat beeps and dog squeak toy sounds. The weakie weakie weakie as you pass over certain items doesn't do the find justice.

• Like 1