Teknetics / Fisher Coil Ears Broken?

I repaired the coil ears on my Teknetics G2. I bought a sheet of ABS plastic on Amazon .177" thickness. I made a paper template by laying a piece of paper between the ears and shaping the paper to fit. I cut 2 pieces of ABS to stack between the ears for support of the new ears. I roughed the ABS a bit, then used Oatley's ABS glue(medium black); The Oatley's contains acetone and MEK which melts the ABS surface. I put glue on the coil surface, glue on the first bottom piece, clamped those together for 15 minutes. Then added the second piece on top, glued them together and clamped again for 15 minutes. Then I cut a couple of squares off of the sheet big enough for the ears(a little bigger than the original), I clamped them together and the shaped them on my belt sander copying the original. After shaping, then while still clamped, I drilled a pilot hole for the rod/shaft. I grounded off the remains of the coils original ear sides with my Dremel to make a flat surface to glue the ears onto. When gluing the ears to the sides, I placed the rod/shaft end with the rubber washers in between, as to not allow the clamp to cave inward. I glued and clamped the ears for 2 hours. After 2 hrs. I removed the clamp and let it cure overnight. Done!IMG_2128.thumb.JPG.04658b6b4cbf628deb0874ff7bc4e233.JPG 10 times stronger than the original.

IMG_2133.JPG

IMG_2130.JPG

IMG_2129.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

• Like 3