Holy Chicken Wings!! 3rd Hammered Found, Woop Wooop!!

Andy2640

Thanks Silllvar, thanks guys.

That is a fantastic find, Andy! It couldn't happen to a nicer individual as well. ?

-Bill

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2018 at 4:22 PM, William P said:

That is a fantastic find, Andy! It couldn't happen to a nicer individual as well. ?

-Bill

Appreciate your kind words Bill.  Your a true gent.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:09 PM, kiwijw said:

LOL - What the heck was that in the video??  A brooch, a gold mirror?

2 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Hi Andy, It was the top end of a handle of something???? Surely you watched the programme: The Detectorists. If not then you must do. It will be right up your alley. There were 3 series. Do a youtube search & you will be able to catch up on it all. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+detectorists+full+series

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

LOVE this series!!!

21 hours ago, Andy2640 said:

LOL - What the heck was that in the video??  A brooch, a gold mirror?

Andy

You must go on youtube and watch the 3 separate series of "The Detectorists" the programmes portray the metal detecting  on the humorous side here in the UK at first it seems a bit on the "Train Spotting" type of show but it grows on you .

I have attached a photograph of the gold Ecleasticle Staff Jewel which the lads had found and is identical to an original find now on display in the Ashmolean Museum.

Ecleasticle Jewel In The Detectorists TV Programme 2017.jpg

Here below is a link to the full story about the Alfred Jewel found in Somerset 1693.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Jewel

• Like 1

Yeah i was similar to your good lady JW.  To be fair i didnt give it a chance as i only watched one episode, and in that episode there wasnt much detecting going on, just a dull story line.  But that may of just been a bad episode.  I like "dads army" and "Steptoe and son" for starters........so im pretty open to all sorts of humour ? 

I will say though, that modern comedy (for me) has slowly become less enjoyable and memorable over the years, giving way to the millennial type of humour, that is devoid of any depth.  My hero comedians were Bill Hicks and George Carling.  RIP to both men.

I'm going to give the detectorists a bumper chance later this evening.  Ill report back on the chuckle factor then.   hehehe.

EDIT: Randy, we posted at the same time, hahaha, Oh wow, thats a bute.  4th time ? 

• Like 1

LMFAO.......   I would defo do the "gold dance" even if there were people around Hhahahahaa ? ? 

I even do a silver dance, i did yesterday!  I'll post a picture of my new find later (dont want to appear to braggy lol).  Its a 1912 Half crown, its lovely and chunky.  Hay.....you know what i really wanna find......A full crown pre 1920.....THERE HUGE AND CHUNKY AND STERLING SILVER.

I looked up sterling silver yesterday, and i didnt know that the other 7.5% alloys were added for strength and longevity.  I like sterling even more now.  

I'll stop waffling now ? 

Cheers.