Andy2640

Holy Chicken Wings!! 3rd Hammered Found, Woop Wooop!!

Hi Andy,

So your toe did point you right. And soon too! :biggrin:

Nice coin. Congrats!

Greetings,

Bob'ke

• Thanks 1

Congrats - you certainly have a good spot there!

• Thanks 1

Excellent finds Andy - congratulations!

• Thanks 1

Way to go Andy!!! I'll be in England next week hoping to find similar items!

• Thanks 1

Hello Andy

Your coin is a Half Groat ( Two Pence ) of Charles 1st, it appears to be a strange one as the mint mark looks like it is a Crown over stamped on a Boars Head facing right, at first I thought it was of the Aberystwyth  Mint and Group E but the strange mint marks is the cause for confusion. The Crown Mint mark alone makes it from 1648 - 1649, but the Boars Head mint mark makes it 1643 - 1644 and the Worcester or Shrewsbury mints.

A nice coin.

• Like 4

That is a beauty Andy!  Nice!!  Tim.

• Thanks 1

Nice going Andy!!   

• Like 1

?Never found one but I'm very happy for you.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words.  And a special thanks to Randy for once again providing accurate and knowledgeable information on coinage.

This forum is AWESOME!

Andy.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By relicmeister
      This weekend I went to a cool new location with multiple late 19th century cellar holes. Was using my Orx with 9” X35 at 17 KHz   
          A few interesting relics found but by far the best find was this 1864 2- cent piece which is in really nice condition with a great patina. Only my second 2- cent but the first was smoked by the fertilizer used in the park it was found in. Could barely identify it. 
          I’ll be going back to the spot multiple times as I haven’t even explored the area yet.  Also found an 1884 IHP
        Figured I’d post as the XP forum has been a little slow of late. 

• By calabash digger
      Found this with Equinox 800 on a early site..

• By Bash
      After a bit of a drought of finding cool coins with the Equinox, I found another V nickel detecting in the neighbors parking strip in between thunderstorms.  It was pretty worn and pitted, and not of any numismatic value, so I cleaned it up a bit.

• By Againstmywill
      Went to the same location where I had 42 quarters. I used the same settings, but this time I swung the Samurai sword 15" coil. I had a bit more time today (11:20-1:20), but the humidity was really oppressive. No mosquitoes this time because they don't even want to be out in the Florida heat!
      I believe 55 quarters is a first for me in 2 hours. If I were not the one going up and down all those times, I would not believe these coins all came from 2 hours of detecting. Most were within the first few inches, so they were a quick dig. With all the stuff dug, that is an average of about 1 item a minute. I think I know what I can save up for...knee replacemnts!
      I left a scad of dimes in the ground, so there are still plenty of targets for my friend. 😁
      The bracelet was a STRONG 9-10. It looked amazing coming out of the ground, but it was not silver. There was also an iPod Nano, but my son snagged it in hopes of cleaning it up.
      Now, time to focus on the jewelry!

• By Dan(NM)
      I had a rather awesome hunt today, scored a barber grand slam and a dime trifecta... Started the day hunting after a 6 1/2 drive to my old stomping grounds. First site gave up the barbers, rosie and a wheat.....
      Ending the day by doing a test hunt at  a backup spot, looks like both are going to produce very nicely. Scored 2 wheats and the merc in 30 minutes....
      Found the barbers with the Equinox 800 and the others with the CTX....

My wife kicked me outta the house for 8 days....so...I did some research close to where I grew up and arrived today for nothing but digging, eating and sleeping

First spot was across from the old railroad depot next to a dried up man made lake from back in the day.....

Second hunt was an old city park.....

• By rod-pa
      i am having fun experimenting with Equinox settings, but ever learning the tones, and feeling a bit more confident.  Late 1700s farm house with tons of modern trash gave up the 1901 Barber dime, sterling watch back, and Philadelphia & Reading railroad button.  the rings and Rosie were from a natural spring swimming area.  The 1905 Barber dime i got yesterday from a large field I have been hunting for about 7 years.  Two Barbers within 2 weeks is rare for me....then topped them all off today with this 1853 half dime.  My first one of those, and so nice to fill another slot in my Type book of dug US coins.  been a really sweet year with finding coins.   thanks for looking.  HH