Dream Metal Detector?

How many of you have had an itch that no detector can scratch? Is there a set of features out there that haven’t been combined yet to make your dream detector and you think about it all the time?

I constantly think about this hole in my detecting life that has yet to be filled! I’m posting this in the Nokta-Makro forum because they like and respond to these kinds of threads.

Heres the dream machine that would obsolete a lot of detectors for me.

Dream Beach Detector

General idea:

-A waterproof pulse induction detector

-ground balance available with on and off

-internal coil cable?

-collapsable for diving

-changeable tone to suit hearing

<5lbs 

-hard wired headphones (reliability) loud headphones! (Comfy!)

-12” DD great coverage, weight and size(hardwired if necessary)

-some form of ferrous rejection!

-EMI tuning for quieter use in suburbia

-li-ion rechargeable with gold contacts (or something with no opening required) and 10hours+ battery life.

-membrane style buttons for durability or something NOT a knob! 

-10m+ waterproof 

-overall reliable beach and water unit 

I know Steve still wants a lightweight ground balancing PI that can preferably go in the water for his Hawaii holidays, what does everyone else dream of?? :)

• Like 1

Smack bang on the money mate! 

A machine such as this has been needed for a long time, but no manufacturer has delivered. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, Edsped said:

I know Steve still wants a lightweight ground balancing PI that can preferably go in the water for his Hawaii holidays

Yes indeed. I currently do not have a ground balancing PI. I would like it to match or exceed the Garrett ATX for performance while being waterproof and under 5 lbs (ATX is 7 lbs). The new White’s TDI Beachhunter is close at 5.3 lbs but I prefer a dual channel PI (or better) over the single channel TDI circuit. If it is impossible to do waterproof AND under 5 lbs in a high power PI then weight matters to me more than waterproof. The White’s TDI SL is a well balanced 3.5 lbs so basically I would want a more powerful 3.5 - 4 lb dry land PI.

I would like a detector that actually analyzes the metal. In other words it actually knows it's gold because it has analyzed it's composition. (like and XRF unit) does. Then add pulse depth, waterproof and the ability to discriminate out metals I don't want to respond. Simple right? :laugh: 

On 10/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

I would like a detector that actually analyzes the metal. In other words it actually knows it's gold because it has analyzed it's composition. (like and XRF unit) does. Then add pulse depth, waterproof and the ability to discriminate out metals I don't want to respond. Simple right? :laugh: 

I did say set of features that haven’t been combined but sounds simple enough :D

I have my whites DualField which I like but It annoys me that it floats like a cork although it floats a little less now that the coil has leaked... again (apparently a very very common problem).  I’ve been experimenting with pulse coils for it and actually having decent success!

What we really need above all else In a beach machine is RELIABILITY!  Other than the seahunter all other water machines seem very unreliable and just bad design... although I don’t actually own a seahunter.

• Like 1