Anyone Watching Treasure Quest?

These shows don't usually make any progress, however I was watching "Treasure Quest Snake Island Season 3". I won't spoil it for you, they make a pretty good find. I'm not sure if there are anymore episodes in this season, I hope they don't do a cliffhanger until next season. Nice to see that Jeremy Whalen and friends make a good find like that for the show. (I'm not as familiar with the rest of the cast, Jeremy is the recurring character that has been swinging the Minelab in previous seasons.)

Pretty sure that show ended the season since Gold Rush (without Todd) starts its season next Friday in the same time slot.

I'm always a bit suspcious of these shows with their finds.  Could they be plants to keep the audience coming back?  I don't think that is what is happening here, but I keep a skeptical eye open.  I've been burned before by Discovery/AnimalPlanet/History/ScienceChannel/TravelChannel/....  Those two tunnels they've found this season appear authentic.

The other thing I wonder about is: if their discovery is legit, will someone (including Bolvian government) will beat them back to it.

Ah that sucks if it is the last show of the season.

The tunnels and the gold bars appear to be authentic.

I hear ya, it would be hard to leave that site after seeing what they did. One thing they have going for them is the difficulty, on the other hand, I don't see why the Government as you say doesn't just source their own divers.

So if the bars where planted, that would be an outright fraud that would ruin these TV shows for sure, on the other hand, do you think they really discovered it, or were they sold the story by local government which allowed them to make the discovery more akin to a ribbon cutting ceremony?

I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now, they are putting the time and research in, have the resources of a TV company behind them. The other guy, I forget his name seems to be a career treasure hunter/researcher so it may very well be legit.

Part of me wonders if I will miss making fun of Todd Hoffman getting fatter every year, but really he needed to go. I got tired of seeing this propped up "gold miner" get opportunity after opportunity laid out for him because of the TV show, not very realistic at all. Basically Todd and Jack failed back in season one when they sold the airport and only found 14 ounces of gold. (Remember them running a sluice box with no riffles? Feeding 28 people 3 meals a day?) Yet year after year, he comes back fatter with newer trucks, more leased vehicles burning enough gas daily to run a small town. Its enough to turn anyone into a tree-hugger, seeing that fat slob tearing up mother nature for his own personal profit, it makes gold mining look very bad IMO. He's been going broke for 8 years now, enough already lol. I understand that a lot of those areas have been mined before and are not natural. In these times when the bulk of the population is heavily regulated in what they can do with land, they could try and appear a little more humble.

I do appreciate them having the Beets family on there. I'll admit I was starting to question Tony's ambition when he started taking on that dredge project, to see it up and running is very impressive. I enjoy the technical side of mining very much.

White water gold also has potential if they can keep the drama down and the gold up. I wish they would just feature experienced miners and focus on mining specifically, rather then the drama and growing pains of amateurs.

Maybe they will have some new characters in this season.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Alluminati said:

So if the bars where planted, that would be an outright fraud that would ruin these TV shows for sure,....

22 hours ago, Alluminati said:

I got tired of seeing this propped up "gold miner" get opportunity after opportunity laid out for him because of the TV show, not very realistic at all.

Put those two thoughts together.  Todd Hoffman lasted 8 years because of TV revenue, not even close from his gold mining 'skills'.  Most of Gold Rush (IMO) is driven by conflict.  Every one of the crews spends more time fighting each other than mining.  I know it's a stressful profession, but give me a break.  (Bering Sea Gold is even worse.)

I do hold out hope that Treasure Quest guys really did find something.  I'm far from convinced that those bars in the underwater video image are even gold.  But (unless they're scamming us) those eight early Spanish silver coins are enticing.

Ah Bering Sea gold. I enjoy that one lol, despite the shenanigans.

Here are the screen shots of the alleged Spanish gold bar, from two slightly different angles to try and get that warm glow.

It sure looks good, as you say the reales are great correlation.

Quest gold.png

Untitled.png

I like the show better than most others so I keep tuning in. I feel if they do find something the Bolivian government will be all over it.