Tips For MX Sport Relic Mode?

MidTN

I finally got to use my MX Sport today for the first time. In relics mode it was bouncing all over the place, switched to coin and jewelry and the machine performed better for me. Any advice for the relics mode would be appreciated. 

MidTN

I myself not into relic hunting. I wish I could help you but over the years that’s just something I haven’t got around to doing.. I guess If I did it would be one relic looking for another.

At this time do you have just the stock coil ? I’ve posted this elsewhere the only coil I don’t have is the 13” but all the others prove to be great. 

I’ve been wrong but maybe you’d be better served with a different coil when relic hunting. My problem would be what to say get this or that . I may be way out in left field but the 6X10 DD would maybe fit your need. The only trouble it’s going to cost you 179.95 to find out.

The Best 

Chuck

I'm using the stock coil. I'll do a little more research and I think you may be right about changing coils. Thanks for the information. 

MidTN

Why don’t you post over on coin and relic to see if someone there can help you. They may not swing the same detector but I’m sure they know what coil works the best.

Chuck 

22 hours ago, MidTN said:

I finally got to use my MX Sport today for the first time. In relics mode it was bouncing all over the place, switched to coin and jewelry and the machine performed better for me. Any advice for the relics mode would be appreciated. 

Generally when targets are bouncing all over the place reducing the sensitivity of the machine will settle things down.

1 minute ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Generally when targets are bouncing all over the place reducing the sensitivity of the machine will settle things down.

Thanks for tip. Still trying to learn this machine. 

Thanks Steve for setting this up and I’m sure over time it will help lots of people..

The only reason I said maybe using the 6x10 DD is it has less a foot print and you still have the benefit of a DD coil in high mineralized soil if so be.

I’m going to back out of here and let the ones that’s in the know say.

Chuck