Goldmaster 24K

Buzzard

Hey Buzzard! I have found that a medium to fast sweep speed works best until I locate a good patch.

Sweep speed is somewhat dependent on your SAT setting. A faster SAT setting will require a faster sweep speed. Once you locate an area that you want to really work, slow down the SAT and your speed speed and listen for those little zips.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 6:43 AM, Hard Prospector said:

Would like to see the new White's 24k up against the Minelab GM1000.........call it a "grudge match"

I'd also like to see that Goldmaster 24k vs Goldmonster 1000 match.  These are the two machines I am presently seriously considering.  Aside from the ability to detect very small gold, both apparently have good tracking capabilities for coping with mineralized ground (California, so lots of that here).

• Like 1

I was set to buy a gold monster but the price swayed me to the 24K..so far I have no complaints.   I am finding very very small targets, lead shavings, small tacks and wire plus the al mighty birdshot....still learning to listen to the machine and I am holding in a "if it beeps , dig it" pattern and we will see.

I bought the single coil option as that fit in my budget.  I hunt coins for the most part and use a NOX 800, but I wanted a gold machine and I think the 24K fits the description.  I know it sure finds some small lead slivers and BB's (bird shot). Just got to get it over some gold now.

On 10/23/2018 at 12:54 PM, Dubious said:

I'd also like to see that Goldmaster 24k vs Goldmonster 1000 match.  These are the two machines I am presently seriously considering.  Aside from the ability to detect very small gold, both apparently have good tracking capabilities for coping with mineralized ground (California, so lots of that here).

This is a Whites forum for people to find information about White’s products. Do Ford owners appreciate it when Chevy owners drop into the Ford forum to note that their Chevy is the better option? Unlikely, which is why brand specific forums exist. If you want to discuss detector brands pro and con the Metal Detector Advice & Comparison Forum is the better venue.

More specifically there is this thread already in progress. All the posts here that were better off there have been moved.

By the way things can sound overly harsh when I text or post sometimes as admin. I am a “just the facts” kind of guy that makes statements that from my end contain no emotional content but which when read might seem to indicate I am upset or being harsh. Truth is nothing posted on the forums ever rises to that level of import in my real world. I am just trying to be the best moderator/editor I can be. None of this is a big deal - you are all supposed to be able to have fun here and I don’t want to come across as a hand slapper.

Bottom line you folks are all great and I am fortunate that the members require such minimal care on my part. Thank you everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the Goldmaster 24k for several months now, and can offer the following insight. Is it too complicated for beginners? Absolutely not. In fact, it is an extremely easy to operate turn-on-and go machine when using the factory default settings. Turn it on, pump the coil 3-5 times to establish ground balance, and start detecting. The only (initial) adjustment I would recommend for beginners would be to increase the target volume. (Tap SPEAKER button, use the UP arrow to increase to BOOST 2, tap PINPOINT button to return to operating mode) and now the 24k will SCREAM on 1/4 grain flakes. And I mean SCREAM. Personally I have found 1/20th grain microflakes in highly mineralized Mojave Desert soil. What I really like is that the XGB ground balance system is that it permits the 24k to be used in extreme ground that defeats most other VLF's. Since beginners will soon outgrow the novice stage, and will want to significantly increase their gold recoveries, the advanced features and options found on the 24k will take a bit more operator expertise to master. But it will be well worth it. So, the 24k is BOTH a turn-on-and-go AND advanced-user gold finder. Hope this helps; HH Jimmy M.

• Like 8