staffydog33

Lol.... The Idiot Is Back Guys!

reminds me of putting a 30 foot flag pole up when i was about 20 and trying to plumb it. We (2 heads are thicker then one) figured out the taper and made a shim for my 4 foot level. As i was putting my invention to use a old guy said he just used a nut on a string, held it up and just lined it up with the pole!  He was nice about it, gratefully.

• Like 2

it is always best to ask; WWSD...what would Steve do...before pushing the send button...

You are an excellent Keeper of your forum, Steve.

fred

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

WWSD....:laugh::laugh::laugh:  No dirty laundry gets past Steve. ?That's why it is such a good forum. Oh....& all the good posts, advice & members onboard as well. :cool:

JW :smile: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess it's all perspective.  Sorta like driving some place. The person in front of you holding up traffic going under the speed limit is "an idiot that needs to get out of the way" but the person behind you riding your bumper is "a stupid jerk that needs to slow the blankity blank down and should have left earlier". Haha.  I've been on both sides of the equation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I suppose the programming could be tweaked so that VID numbers are more "sticky"; but I'd want ML to be careful about affecting anything else, as we want the Nox to remain a fast, responsive machine. 

• Like 1

I agree with Steve. I look at metal detecting as a thinking person's hobby and this a thinking person's forum. There's something about name calling that subtracts from that. I can't say that I've always been beyond a tit for tat when someone gets belligerent in an exchange of ideas in other forums, but I try to avoid going there as a matter of course. Most guys who have stuck with this hobby are pretty sharp and so I generally trust them to pick up on whether an individual or their post is credible.

I've gotten into some pretty lively debates on the Equinox. Particularly Equinox vs Deus. Most recently I joined a club. Something I've resisted for many years because this particular club is run by an individual who uses the club as a platform to sell the Deus to members, especially new members. Those who don't own one are hounded until they do. On the FB page a new member and I were discussing his new Equinox and sure enough the president (who doesn't read forums) jumped in telling us we shoulda bought Deus', and trying to diminish the Equinox. Now, I'm new to a club, not new to detecting. Because of my interest in metal detector technology in general, the time I've spent in its study and use of most machines of note I came off as quite a bit more knowledgeable on both machines than he did. I made the case that I have the right machine for me quite well and he realized he stepped in it, and publicly, this time.

Because of his ego and how he perceives debate, and himself, when all was said and done I had him screaming at me in private messages and erasing what other members agreed was perfectly clean, respectful intellectual analysis from the page to look as though he called me out and I had no answers. I was very tempted to lash out publicly using much stronger language than we are talking about here. I even entertained intimidation and humiliation at the next club meeting. It got my goat. In the end, such tactics are a short term bandaid for frustration in a long game hobby. Acting as he did I'm sure it wasn't an isolated incident and that his reputation precedes him. Sure enough it does, and not in many good ways. People in the club know who he is by now. In time they will know me for who I am too. It won't be for crudeness and treating people poorly. These things have a way of sorting themselves out without the labels. In the end facts, ideas and results will win. 

• Like 4

I like a lot of different views on hunting....... there is always something you can get out of them...... even if its just to laugh and NOT use them.   I try not to name call....... because i ask a lot of STUPID questions lol.  I take every u-tube video with a grain of salt knowing some dont know, dont care, or are looking for fame or shock.   BUT .......they can get you thinking.

• Like 1