Current Price Of The Xterra 705 Has Got Me Wanting To Try Again

Was looking at detector prices lately and noticed the Xterra 705 has really dropped in price for new.    Kind of makes me want to go around with it again.    Also noticed MarsMD offers multiple frequency coils for it now too, which is a big plus.    

What to do?  what to do?

HH
Mike

• Like 2

On 10/12/2018 at 1:42 PM, Mike Hillis said:

Was looking at detector prices lately and noticed the Xterra 705 has really dropped in price for new.    Kind of makes me want to go around with it again.    Also noticed MarsMD offers multiple frequency coils for it now too, which is a big plus.    

What to do?  what to do?

HH
Mike

Mike,

I've been kinda thinking about one too. I owned one in the past as well and hunted with it a while. I found some good stuff with it but I didn't like how it hit on rusty bottle caps so I traded it off. Now after using many other detectors and realizing a lot of them like rusty bottle caps (my deus LOVED them) there are tells that will help you in deciding whether to dig or not. The 705 gave plenty of tells but I just didn't like the fact it hit them. I think now I may have given up on it too soon and like you have been thinking about picking one up. I just don't know if I would feel comfortable swinging anything else where I hunt besides the 800.... but if a used one comes along for the right price I'll probably own it. What to do? What to do?... lol, good luck & HH!! Tom