Well i wondered when this would happen.   Ive got at least 700 hours on my Nox ... but this morning in shallow water she let me down.  Top part of the cuff broke off.   The cuffs are really to far apart and with the torques we put on them back and forth you may consider a metal one a better choice if you water hunt.   Kind of bad, i wanted to hunt with a couple of people from a few hours away who came for a few day and hadnt been able to because of the less that great weather.   So about an hour into it........ ugh.   But i kept pushing it along...... in the wet sand.   At least i got a 1.4 gram 18K (750) necklace charm for all that work lol.   Got home and called Jamie at ML........ new one coming Monday.   How bout that for FAST?  Thanks ML.    At least there were finally some trash to at least chase around so ...... road trip again tomorrow.   Like most of us ive got a few cuffs laying around.

IMG_0122.JPG

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Minelab are frickin awesome!  Havnt run into a better company in ages. Condolences for your nox's arm tho.

ML to the rescue ? 

Hi Dewy,

Good to hear ML are sending a fast replacement

I am trying to follow your photo...the arm cuff is next to the shaft collar lock ....is that right ?

happy huntin

Cool, that makes sense. I also have a counter weight I made up for the large coil.

I have heard of other cuffs breaking but I wonder what % are on non-standard shafts ?

Mine is a carbon 22mmOD and I had to put 2 wraps of black duct tape over the top of 22mm of carbon tube to get a snug arm cuff fit.

Without it my arm cuff groans and creaks with a bit of torque (like a big swing)

Im using an Andersons cuff now ...... aluminum and i drilled a second hole so i could use 2 nylon bolts instead of the on SS that was to far back.   I received my Cuff from ML..... well sort of.  They sent me the upper ...... which made sense i guess.   But i thought the cuff was considered 1 piece...... and of course threw the old one away.  So im waiting on the lower now that ML immediately sent out.  Great service.

• Like 1

Yes ...... i just cant hunt without that strap.   I let go of the handle to kind of catch the bottom of my scoop keeping it from hitting the box.   If i didnt ....... id need a tether to keep the machine attached out there.  I have a tether on my scoop which is bad enough......but ive learned to use it to my advantage.   YOu know how it is...... you adapt and do things your way.