Start Of My Beach Hunting Season

It's been a very busy summer/fall, so I was dying to get out to the beaches to see if the Equinox would still be kind to me. These pictures are from 5 of the 6 beach hunts.  It's early in the season and the beaches are not shedding sand yet, so the finds are slimmer than last season. I did include a picture of one clad hunt that yielded over $17.00 in change in a 5 hour period. Most other clad amounts were much lower. Total clad after 6 hunts is $31.54 (average of $5.25 per hunt). It's going to be a long season and I hope to get out more often than once a week, but time will tell. So far I'm thrilled with 4 pieces of gold and the decent amount of silver I've found. I have been experimenting with Gold 2 mode, but so far with only a one tone option, all signals (including falsing from wet and mineralized sand) make a audible response. Can't figure out how to stop that. Wish it had 2 tones. I even ran a tight disc pattern, but the falsing was still reading in the low gold range. Anyone having success with the Gold 2 on wet sand??

DSC00238.JPG

DSC00248.JPG

DSC00253.JPG

DSC00254.JPG

DSC00257.JPG

DSC00258 (2).JPG

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Alluminati said:

Nice finds.

I assume you are in salt? If so I can't help ya.

In fresh I run threshold of 5 or 6 and sens of 22.  No noise cancel or GB. Machine will make audio if I pump the coil but rarely enough to trigger a TID response.

Yep it's salt. I detect mostly on the wet part of the beach, that also has fine layers of black sand mixed in. I'll figure something out or I'll just stick with the 2 beach modes. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

Beach 1 is a better choice for small gold on the WET sand than beach 2.   Interesting you can even hunt with gold mode on the wet sand because if my dry sand is damp most of the modes like to chatter really bad.    Its going to be a matter of picking out those small targets that with any depth on the wet sand sounds a whole lot like weak minerals.   I assume you are use the threshold and tracking....... some IB and maybe a high recovery speed...... like 6?   Might try that 6" coil and work smaller areas.  From what was shown on one of the other threads the 6" seems to be a pretty deep coil especially on small gold.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Beach 1 is a better choice for small gold on the WET sand than beach 2.   Interesting you can even hunt with gold mode on the wet sand because if my dry sand is damp most of the modes like to chatter really bad.    Its going to be a matter of picking out those small targets that with any depth on the wet sand sounds a whole lot like weak minerals.   I assume you are use the threshold and tracking....... some IB and maybe a high recovery speed...... like 6?   Might try that 6" coil and work smaller areas.  From what was shown on one of the other threads the 6" seems to be a pretty deep coil especially on small gold.  

I primarily hunt in beach 1. All those finds were found using that mode. I was trying to figure out how to use gold 2, but it falsed and chattered like you described. But if there is a way to get it to work, it hits a lot harder than beach 1 on those small gold targets. At home I keep some sand from different beaches and the gold 2 mode made targets much easier to hear (and deeper) than beach 1. But when I got to the beach, it was a completely different story.....unusable. Now that is a future update I would definitely be interested in :smile:

• Like 1