1515Art

A Tiny Bit With My New Steelphase

On 10/17/2018 at 3:11 AM, SteelPhase said:

Ok I cant give away all the secrets but if I could completely eliminate the issue of ground noise I'd be rich. 

The sP01 will enhance a little ground noise. Unfortunately thats the nature of the beast but because it will enhance those deep faint signals, you can back the gain/sensitivity off a little which will quiet the machine with regard to ground noise, without loosing any relative depth. You can also run higher smoothing/ lower stabilizer.

So is it safe to say the SP01 takes signals that are likely target signals and specifically amplifies only (or mostly) them?

14 hours ago, 1911Colt said:

So is it safe to say the SP01 takes signals that are likely target signals and specifically amplifies only (or mostly) them?

Sort of. It takes the waveform and shapes it so signals are more recognisable.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      This is pretty neat stuff, and I think the applications for prospectors and relic hunters are obvious...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/01/140103-new-england-archaeology-lidar-science/
    • By fredmason
      another ---- question from me...
      Is there a "easy" way to move my google earth account from my old computer to my new computer.  I would like to keep the waypoints I have...just because I like them...
      remember, small words and simple directions for fred...
      thanks
      fred
    • By Goldgetter
      Xp deus shaft docs gold screamer and a few different wireless options! Finally got all the peices. Of course I got a bum connector peices for the aptx blue tooth so that will have to wait. I did test it but I had to keep my fingers on the connection while I used it. I must say sounded perfect, there was no lag as far as I could tell. Ready to stuff it in the pack and go find some gold!

• By Ridge Runner
      I didn't hear what you said because you were on my bad ear side of my head.
      It's not any different when out detecting without headphones. I don't like wearing those things either but you can miss gold and coin by not having them on. Oh you got good hearing  and you say I don't need them. How do you spell bull ? Think about this as you swing that coil over a weak signal but at that same moment in time it was a puff of wind. You don't know it because you got good hearing and you keep saying it. Who knows one day you may even believe it. The only thing I wish I was that guy coming along behind you.
      When I got my White's 66 TR the first thing I done was drill a hole to put a 1/8 pin jack for a ear bud. That was the best thing in helping me to find more coins. The detector before was BFO but I didn't put one in it being it was my first one I'd had and still learning.
      The young and us that is older will be better off if we will wear headphones. A lot of time the hearing in one ear is better than the other and as time goes by it won't get better. I guess you could say it's like other things it all goes south. You know when you get new eye wear and you can see so much better. Well headphones will do the same for you. You want to find more gold then put some on. If all you want is a ear bud well be sure to put it in your good ear.
      Swing low and slow !
      Chuck
    • By AUddicted
      The other day I pulled up Google Earth as usual but now the navigation and zoom controls and the tool bar icons are very tiny. And now my placemark labels are larger than normal. I cannot figure out how to reset it back.
      Has anyone else experienced this? 

• By vanursepaul
      Don't know if i am the only one who hadn't seen this video and AU information site---- but check it out---- It looks so simple that even Klunker could handle it!!!!!