1515Art

A Tiny Bit With My New Steelphase

On 10/17/2018 at 3:11 AM, SteelPhase said:

Ok I cant give away all the secrets but if I could completely eliminate the issue of ground noise I'd be rich. 

The sP01 will enhance a little ground noise. Unfortunately thats the nature of the beast but because it will enhance those deep faint signals, you can back the gain/sensitivity off a little which will quiet the machine with regard to ground noise, without loosing any relative depth. You can also run higher smoothing/ lower stabilizer.

So is it safe to say the SP01 takes signals that are likely target signals and specifically amplifies only (or mostly) them?

14 hours ago, 1911Colt said:

So is it safe to say the SP01 takes signals that are likely target signals and specifically amplifies only (or mostly) them?

Sort of. It takes the waveform and shapes it so signals are more recognisable.

I just got mine and testing it on my buried backyard targets it makes a difference compared to my Doc's screamer which I used for months.....it's a different monster with more capabilities and very helpful in achieving a very smooth threshold ........ And she is sexy !

MVIMG_20200204_133543.jpg

MVIMG_20200204_140917.jpg

MVIMG_20200204_141036-01.jpeg

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By walkerrj
      Thinking of downloading the Gaia GPS App to my iPhone.  Wondering if anyone has experience with this App?  Thanks for any input.
    • By Kaolin washer
      I am not a headphone guy , dont like wearing them dont like the fact that i cant hear whats going on around me , but i tried out the wireless headphone on the ORX, and was amazed at how nice they are and simple and yet i can hear my suroundings and i dont get all sweaty, and the sound is great , and if you really want a cool sound keep the speeker on and the headphones it sounds like suround sound stereo sound .  you hear the lows clearly , and hear i figured they may have been a cheep joke, but now that i have used them i give them a A+
    • By Bohemia Miner
      This almost seems like a stupid question but I have to ask.
      Does anyone wear their Hearing Aids with Headphones?
      Thanks!
      Walt
    • By AlbyM
      In all the research I've done so far, the 2 waterproof headphones that get mentioned the most as the "best" options for underwater with the Equinox are the Patriot Headphones (http://metaldetecting.com/en/patriot-equinox-water-weq) and the Tony Eisenhower's Headphones. Has anyone actually used both and can accurately compare the 2 models? I'm talking in terms of volume underwater and comfort.
    • By kac
      Before the sun broke out in full force today I did a quick run about  1 1/2 hours to test out the Nokta waterproof headphones on my Multi Kruzer. Ran it at 19khz looking for small jewelry, found 2 1/2 earings, cruddier one might be gold brighter one is plated. This pond is brutal with iron as you can see the black chia pet looking thing on the side. It is a hard drive magnet I stick in my scoop to catch nails and bobby pins. You can see some of the rocks that also stick to it. My GB was low to mid 90's so ended up using Gen Mode in the quieter areas and 3 tone for the most part.
      Headphones are little better on audio than my Garrett waterproof ones, audio sounds similar, maybe bit less tinny but you do need to kick up the volume. I usually run the machine on 3 but use 10 on these. Vibrate mode proved to be useless because of all the iron in the ground there as it just constantly runs. Bottom line if you got a Kruzer or Amphibio, well worth the investment if you plan on splashing around.

• By Steve Herschbach
      The headphone cable on the AQ underwater headphones is over 6 feet long. But it is coiled up so tightly it pulls on and stresses the cable near to where it connects to the detector.
      Now certainly a good preventative measure is to use a tie wrap to attach the cable to the rod under the elbow as a strain relief. I'm a little lazier though and want my headphones to not be pulling that hard in the first place. The cable should hang with a bit of a slack in it before it gets to the detector, instead of pulling sharply upward.
      So this is an oldtimers trick to relax the cable on new headphones. Just tie them up and let them hang. You usually do not have to worry about them getting too long. In fact, you may have to do it again later as the try to go back to the original coiled configuration. But I get mine to where I want them, and worry a lot less about stressing the connector down the road.