Safari Vs Nox 800 On Ww1 Field

Domenico

Hi guys !

Yes, I am a beach hunter, but I was invited to metall detecing on a WW1 field...

So the beach hunter I am was suddenly contemplating a huge corn field which has seen some ww1 Action...

I chose to hunt before noon (2 hours) with the Equinox 800, and two hours in the afternoon with the Safari I happened to win at a detection rally two weeks ago.

As you can tell from the posted pics, the Nox Found 18 targets, the Safari 32, but i felt the afternoon search was richer in targets...The best find of the day was a silver King Leopold II 1867 2 Francs (Belgium), a very rare coin, as it has only been minted from 1866-1868

The nox got more tiny targets (low conductors), but the Safari was able to find some tiny targets too.

I don't know what to think about the results about both detectors, but they are very close in my opinion.

Those are the pics of this outing (round bullets are belgian, the others are german).

Happy hunting !

PA110564.JPG

PA110565.JPG

• Like 5

Tough to say, you can't really garner much statistically from one hunt like that, but having swung Equinox, Safari and the Etrac, I would go with the Equinox.

They can be very similar, but the Equinox is way more versatile and can be setup like a Safari. The Safari is no slouch, though it has a one track mind and cannot be setup like the Equinox.

Great backup machine though and the price was right.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hay alluminati, I don't come often on the forum ...

Of course tou can't get conclusions out of this outing ! I completely agree...But I might think the Safari was (is ?) tuned ti higher conductives, while the Nox is more "europe friendly"... The Field mose is "europe-oriented", while the park mode is "US-orientend"...Maybe that's the key, explaining "polyvalence"...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello Domenico, 

Been awhile!! You should visit more often! Love the WW1 finds!👍👍