You Can Turn The Equinox Into A True Relic Hunter Including Iron Relics

Rick N. MI

Use 5 tone. Set nails at -1 to -3 with lowest volume and low tone. For iron relics set -4 & down and set to a  louder volume and low tone and for non-ferrous set 0 to 40 a loud volume and high tone. Basically a 2 tone low for iron relic & high for non-ferrous. and a quiet tone for small iron. A 3 tone mode.

With this setting you will hear iron relics hitting a low louder tone and you can dig or not. High tone is your non-ferrous. This is good setting if you want to dig iron relics like I do. Some areas you don't want to dig iron relics you change to 2 tone or what ever you want.

I think it's an interesting setting. The adjustments are great and easy in this detector.

Now all we need now is a 5x10 or 8" round coil.

Rick

• Like 2

Here is some iron relics I've found. These were found with a modded Lobo and an Impact.

I haven't tried my Equinox Relic program yet but plan to tomorrow.

Rick

44993250472_f721af7f87_o.jpg1j by Rick Covert, on Flickr

• Like 1

I try not to dig iron in the areas I hunt, but many times iron gets dug up due to iron wrap-around anyway, but never are they anything that interesting for me, mostly ox and horse shoes, wagon parts, an occasional miner pick, oh and the hoes - lol

I've been forcing myself to hunt in 50 tone/multi, and am curious what settings you'd run for hunting in sea of nail sites?

HH,
Cal

I would hunt in 2 tone. I think it's just easier listening for the high tone. I haven't tried 50 tones.

Rick

• Like 1