Equinox Interference In A Group Hunt

I was at an organised  hunt this weekend where there were many Equinox's.  The fields were small and there was a tremendous amount of interference between the Equinox's during the hunts, almost making it impossible to hunt.  Besides noise cancelling every couple minutes, are there any things I can do to eliminate or mitigate the interference?  Thanks!

You could try knocking back your own sensitivity a bit, this might work OK at a seeded hunt.

The other thing to do is everyone pick one of the single frequency channels and spread out, that may work. (4kHz users at opposite sides of the field etc.) I'm not sure if anyone can still run Multi IQ or not at the same time, or vice versa.

I ran into this issue at a seeded hunt with a few other Equinox users. Noise cancel worked until another Equinox came within range. Then I'd have to do it again. As I sit here I do now know if the equinox has a frequency shift separate from noise cancel, but this did prove to be a problem that cost me very valuable time. I still did extremely well for my first seeded hunt (over $250 in silver and prizes for a $70 hunt), and the issue hasn't come up again since. I'm sure it will so I'll be looking into it with you as I would like to continue to use the Equinox for seeded hunts, and partner/group hunting, but wouldn't be able to if there's not a better working solution. 

Ive asked that very question...... is the noise cancel limited to the freqs available.  They arent like the Explorer..... with 11 channels and many harmonics to choose from.   I would assume the WEIGHTED feq is black or white....... meaning those freqs avail are the ONLY ones it will shift to.  

Oddly, the Nox doesnt seem to mind the Xcal II, but a hot Blue Xcal you can hear 50 yards away..... like a PI.

I don't know if you tried just the 40K frequency, but that is my go to when I am near interference. I'm not sure if that would work on multiple Equinox users.

• Like 1

If possible have an Equinox owners meeting prior to the hunt and assign everyone different frequencies. Other than that lower sensitivity and possibly single frequency options as mentioned before. This is an issue with extremely popular models and hunts can be a case where there is some benefit to having an oddball unit.

• Like 1

Tesoros used to be a very good machine for those hunts.

There does seem to be a difference between the blues and Xcal IIs.   Sensitivity seems higher with the IIs...... which i dont know is an advantage since you get more flasing and have to turn them down.   The Blues dont false much at all.   What i have noticed thou they can vary.  Ive got some more sensitive... but not as deep and others the other way around.   Some switching to Disc from PP dont go nuts like they should..... others do.   Also...... in the water...... some you can hunt near others you cant because of the feed back.  Repairs seems to be less on the blues as well.   But in most cases you have to replace that 700mah battery right off the bat.  Some of the Xcal IIs even had a 3rd wire attached to the board going to the phones..... which we could never figure out why.

• Like 2