Sign in to follow this  
Lunk

Goldmaster 24k Weekend Hunt

Wow, nice hunt  and great finds.

I am taking mine out on Wed to Gold Basin and attack some old tailings pile there, we will see how that goes.

Thanks for the report.....gives me a lot of hope for my 24K.

• Like 1

Great work with a new detector.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Wow, nice hunt  and great finds.

I am taking mine out on Wed to Gold Basin and attack some old tailings pile there, we will see how that goes.

Thanks for the report.....gives me a lot of hope for my 24K.

Thanks Buzzard. Good luck at GB; when you get your coil over a piece of gold, the 24k will let you know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lunk said:

So fast forward to Saturday: I was digging every target or nuance of a target and noting the VID numbers. The occasional hot rocks in the area seemed to lock in at a solid 1 or 2 on the display screen, without deviation, but even the smallest of the subgrain nuggets I found would bounce around into higher registers, sometimes in the 70s or 80s, making it easy to differentiate the gold from the hot rocks. Slow and careful searching yielded 5 of the little yellow blighters. 😉

Hey Lunk,

What's your opinion on the larger coil on how it response to hot rocks and gold with the VID numbers it gives compared to the 6" coil? Do you believe the larger gold will find sub-grainers?

Nice gold!

• Thanks 1

Glenn, Since I’ve been hunting an area that has small gold, I haven’t put the 10” elliptical coil on the 24k yet. But quoting Steve H. from his excellent detailed review of the machine: “The10" DD will be a better choice for really bad ground, but lacks that magic edge on the tiniest bits of gold.” Perhaps he will chime in with any observations he may have made about the VID numbers between the two coils.

I have been trying my best to let folks know how much I really like the 24K and posted quite a few finds with it.  But because I'm a dealer and sell them, most folks write it off.  Nothing I can do about that but get it in the hands of other well known nugget hunters.  You are doing great on the small gold, which is one thing I never went after as I've yet to get to NV with it.  Nice recoveries Lunk and that specimen is a stunner too.  Keep it up and hope to see you soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey Lunk , were you compensated or are you given detectors to write reviews?

I also noticed that you are promoting gerrys detectors .com, so I guess you are a dealer too?

Adam,

Good question. I'm not a dealer, but I am one of Gerry's staff members who help train his customers on how to set up and use their detectors to maximize their chances of finding gold. Also, I'm not compensated by, nor have I ever been approached by any detector manufacturer to write reviews, although it would be cool to be a new product development tester (wink-wink, nudge-nudge!😃) I simply enjoy trying out new technology detectors and reporting my experiences on the forum. And to be honest, since Steve H. allows dealers to promote themselves on his forum, displaying Gerry's web links as his representative can attract business for him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adam H said:

Hey Lunk , were you compensated or are you given detectors to write reviews?

I also noticed that you are promoting gerrys detectors .com, so I guess you are a dealer too?

He works for Gerry's detectors, but he's an honest guy. I've asked questions to him about what's good and bad knowing there was going to be no sale involved and he offered genuine opinions when have steered me off products Gerry's Detectors have sold.  I have no doubts about his integrity.

I do however like your question and believe questions like these need to be answered as I often question how genuine certain people are about their promotion of products when they are linked to them in some way, however fortunately in Lunk's case it's fine to believe what he's said, he's not a "salesman" if you know what I mean

🙂

I know the situation well as I worked as a technician for years and customers wanted to speak to the technician not the salesman to get the honest answer....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Buzzard
      I was doing some testing on my 24K to see how it sounded on Meteorites, well on sound with no musical note it just got a ZIP ZIP , but when I changed to the Musical note showing I got the Grunt.
      This was tested on a 10 gram Franconia and a 7 gram Gold Basin.....numbers was a solid 1....just what I found today and thought I would share....
      Getting to know this machine a little better.
    • By kiwijw
      Hi guys, After a busy sunday morning around the house I decided to brave it & go for an afternoon detect. The weather was not supposed to be good but the sun was out & despite some dark ominous clouds coming in from the northwest & the mountains disappearing within them, often the clouds get so far & don't get any closer. So I decided to go for it. The batteries for the Zed were all fully charged, loaded up the E-Mountain bike & l was off. I didn't really know where to go so when I parked up & got on the bike I just headed off trying to think of places I haven't been to for a while & places that I hadn't been with the Zed but had found gold with previous detector. Those type spots were few & far between these days. I chose a spot that I had been to with the Zed quite a while ago but didn't think I had used it with Steve's insane hot settings & I am pretty sure I found nothing. I did ok here back with the GP 3000 & 4500. I wasn't holding my breath.
      I dropped the bike, took off the backpack & rigged up. The area was typical glacial ground smooth schist bedrock with the foliation of the schist at 90 degrees to the horizontal with gaps in between of deeper ground & grass. As soon as I had auto tuned, ground balanced over the ferrite ring & checked all the settings were where I wanted them I went straight to the edge of a run of this schist bedrock where it dropped into deeper ground. Very slowly rubbing the coil across the ground. There was a piece of flat slab schist sitting on the grass that I had to lift the coil up & over as I ran down this edge. I thought I heard a very slight change in the threshold as I did this. But of course with these hot settings any lifting of the coil off the ground can give a different moan from the general noises going on. But something caught my attention. So I paid a bit more attention & had a poke & prod from a few different angles. I was by no means convinced it was a signal other than ground noise moan from lifting the coil. I got the pick & lifted the little slab of schist & put it to the side. Re scanned. Again I thought there was still a bit of a kick in the threshold although it was not always there. With nothing to lose I scraped off 2 inches of topsoil. MMMmmm....that gave a more positive hit. I was on to to something. But was it gold?
      Laying into the dig I got below the top soil &  into gravely schist & then bedrock schist. Signal still there & I was now convinced it was going to be gold when I was opening up a crevice. That slab of schist center right is the piece I moved out of the way.

Raking out the crevice with the pointy end of the pick & getting down into it with a bit of depth the signal finally moved.
      Bingo....a sassy bit of gold. 

.65 of a gram 👍
      Before backfilling the dig, & like I always do I re scanned the pile & the dig hole. Wham....a screamer of a signal from the top end of the opened up crevice. Raking out the crevice again with the pointy end of the pick the signal was still in there. I had to to hack into the crevice more to open it up wider. Raking it again the signal was out.

Ye Ha 1.23 grams.👍👍

So two bits out of the one crevice.

I had literally just dropped the bike, rigged up & got into it. Not even 5 minutes.
      Bike, Backpack & dig hole on the edge of a drop off into a tail race. The tail race being where that bush growth & long grass is. Pink flowers on the sweet briar rose bush above the detector. Horrible plant. Introduced by the Chinese gold miners for making rose hip tea & its vitamin C properties.

I would have only been there one hour when the rain did come & I had to high tail it out of there. Those were the only two bits I got. By the time I was back to my wagon it was raining pretty hard. Even sleeting. But I was happy to get what I did. The mighty Zed does it again. 

Cheers.
      Good luck out there
      JW 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      From http://Garrett Facebook page:

• By idahogold
      😂😏😎😃🙃🤩😝Go ShaneOz! Tops to Ya" Enjoy! Ig  

• By Steve Herschbach
      For those who did not get one as part of a two coil package...
      https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/gm24k-6-concentric-coil/?lang=us
      This coil is only compatible with the new White’s Goldmaster 24K - MSRP $149.95
      Part Number 801-3268-1