Gerry in Idaho

TDI Beach Hunter Finds Odd Snorkel Of Some Type

I recently returned from a Beach Hunt and was able to put some time on my new White's TDI Beach Hunter.  I'll be posting photos of some of the finds as time permits.  This interesting discovery had me laughing all the way home.  Not exactly sure what it is, but about 5" long and looks to be a snorkel with a 2 headed and 8 legged octopus on the side.  One end has a breathing mouth hole piece and the other has a small hole with brown stain around her rim.  I'm sure you can't go down vary far with such a short snorkel, but I'm no expert either. Anyone have any clues?

Statue1.JPG

Statue2.JPG

Statue3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

You seemed to have taken quite a lot of pleasure in the different photo angles!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Only if your interesting discovery could talk, what adventures and stories it could tell! 😵

• Like 2

I think this is an ancient snorkel used by shamans to travel to distant lands, circa 1978AD. Legend has it that these travelers often suffered extreme hunger, paranoia, and appreciation for a local musical troupe called Los Muertos Agradecidos.

• Haha 2

That look like a pipe to me. Now I know where they get the expression Blowing smoke up your butt.

Chuck

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Alluminati said:

I think some native pipes were quite naughty.

Is it carved or made out of glass?

Seems to be some type of glass or ceramic.

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

That look like a pipe to me. Now I know where they get the expression Blowing smoke up your butt.

Chuck

Doctors actually did that to try and resuscitate drowning victims! 

• Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By IronDigger
      I have been nugget hunting seriously for the past 6 years with some fair success and once in a while I would find a relic the prosecutors left behind. These relics compromised primarily of rusty iron, picks, axe heads and shovels. As usual I set out early morning to detect some nuggets when i got this deep tone on my Minelab. I was using my Coiltek 14" mono and I knew by the sound of it that the target was deep. I dug a foot down, than 2 feet..the sound got loud ...but the dirt was compact and hard..virgin ground I thought..another foot down and  perhaps a life changing gold nugget maybe? no gold...damn !! After about a half hour of digging..I pulled out a beautiful piece of a 2 piece Naval buckle. The wreath is sharp, as if it was made yesterday...a gorgeous patina to boot.  After research, I am pretty sure its a 1840-1850's Naval belt buckle, I could be wrong...as I only found 2 examples of it on line and they were reproductions. I think I have a real treasure here, in a historic perspective. I would imagine this sailor probably came to the gold fields from San Francisco, probably went AWOL and set his course to the Sierras in his search for gold. California just became a new State and joined the Union...and now I hold this buckle in my hand. For me this is as good as GOLD !

• By stumpr
      Sometimes it is better to be very lucky than good. So I am working this beaten slope of a hill in Stafford, VA off of a period CW road. It's thick as snot and getting the coil to the ground was a struggle. I get this nice 22-23 signal with the Nox down 11". I dig up the target and it is s deep knap sack hook. Scan the hole and I am still hearing that 22-26 signal. One more shovel full and it is in my dirt pile. Usually a IH or a trime will ring up that high but not brass unless it is big. In the dirt pile is this half inch by half inch piece of folded brass. So how does a knap sack hook and a piece of folded brass read so high? I look at the folded brass and see some silver plating where the two pieces meet. I very GENTLEY pry it open and see my surprise.
      Soldier looks to have made an ID tag from possibly a tin-type picture case. The tag reads: SERGt J. Brown
                   Com C. 7th Reg
      The tag belonged to Sergeant Joseph Brown, Company C, 7th Rhode Island.

• By GKman
      Hi Folks
      I had a great hunt at the beginning of September with the Equinox. At this site I discovered a nice handful of Native American Kettle Points, Jesuit missionary rings and a tinkler cone or two along with some later 1700's artifacts. One of the rings was an L Heart ring which was worn by the missionary, while the other ring was one that they gave to the Native Americans. Overall a great hunt that will be hard for me to top. I can't wait to get back and try for more.
      HH

• By Buzzard
      Only got out for just a little short hunt today. no coins found this time but, I did find a Henry .44 rimfire case...never found one so I am pleased. Try to get a pic up soon.

• By normmcq
      I found this great  badge in an old barn