Fisher F75 LTD For A Beginner - Too Much Machine?

Hi all,
I'm new here. I really like this site with all the great advice. I read Steve's detector reviews. Excellent stuff...
I'm new to metal detecting and would really like to get into it. I'm foremost interested in nugget hunting, but also general detecting in the parks and on the beach. After reading all the reviews here I'm thinking of getting a Fisher F75 LTD.

I'm a fairly tech savvy person, and learn pretty quick.

I'd rather spend more in the beginning and have a good machine to grow into. 

But I read some opinions that the F75 might be too much machine for a beginner. 

So I'm asking the experts here if I'm better off with a Fisher Gold Bug Pro or a Fisher F19.

I would welcome some input.

Thanks!

Herb

Im not new at this,and love the gb pro.Found lots of gold(for me,its not my main focus) and do well on coins/relics. Its light,fairly inexpensive and about as simple as can be. sorry,cant help on f-75..

• Like 1

I'd go GB Pro, F-19, look at Fors Gold a guy up in my neck of the woods is cleaning up with it.I use a GB Pro and do well but if i was gettn a new VLF i'd go the Pro package NOKTA FORS GOLD at kellyco. you can learn to hunt coins and relics easilt with these machines also.

• Like 1

Forgot to mention,if you want to cherrypick coins,the i.d. is very accurate,more than most. I used it from time to time,for searching ghetto sidewalk strips ,pulled quite a few barbers,indians etc with that little hockey puck coil.

Thanks guys! The F19 looks like a really nice machine. But the price difference between it and the F75 is not all that big. From a practical perspective (not just on paper) would the F75LTD differ a lot from the F19? Would it be more versatile or reach deeper?

I know a beginner would not recognize those differences right away, but I don't plan on staying a beginner, but put a lot of effort in to learn.

So far it's 3:0 for the GB Pro/F19. Are there any F75 users?

Thanks!

Herb

The old F75 could be a real challenge due to the EMI (ElectroMagnetic Interference) issues. The new F75 is a much tamer beast, no problem for a beginner.

It is all about intended uses. You say the main use is gold nuggets, that makes it easy. A 19kHz Gold Bug Pro or F19 has the edge over the 13 kHz F75 for gold nuggets. The F19 between the two has more features and comes stock with the preferred 10" x 5" DD coil.

That said the difference between the F75 and the other two on gold in minuscule. The 19 kHz machines have a small edge on gold under 1/4 oz. Gold around 1/4 to 1/2 oz not much difference. Gold 1/2 oz and larger I always felt my F75 in all metal boost had the tiniest of edges, but so small as to be mostly psychological.

Anyway, they are all good, and sounds like you really want the F75. No reason per se not to go that way but if you are seeking the better nugget machine while keeping with the features I do suggest the F19.

• Like 1

Thanks, that's all I need. I'm going with the F19. That's great advice from all of you!

This is a really great site and forum, thanks for putting all the info together!

I hope to contribute more once I'm more familiar with it. Until then, I'm sure I will have lot's of questions.

Thanks!

Herb

Hey Herb,

Fellow Albertan here. Do you winter in nugget country? I'm sure you know this, but Alberta is flour gold country. I have thought about detecting in the Wildhorse area near Fort Steele, BC, but it is pretty much all claimed. The nearby Fisherville public panning area would be a great place to detect, but no detecting allowed. Like me, you are going to have to make some long road trips to get on the gold. Good luck.