Sign in to follow this  
amergin

Headphones MX Sport, Best Coil At Colonial Iron Filled Cellar Holes

I don't go near water, which headphones should I buy?

is there a way to set up headphones as wire less?

Also  best coil at colonial iron filled cellar holes??

Thanks

There are numerous aftermarket setups that can make the MX Sport goes wireless, like the Garrett Z-Lynk system. I have used the Z-Lynk and not only did it work well but it’s reasonably priced.

Check out this great video Tom did for more coil comparison information.

• Like 1

Thank you steve and Tboy,

now I am not sure MX Six Shooter vs  Detech 7" shooter coil,  

couldn't find any comparable videos with them against each other on utube

but the wireless looks like the way to go

Any body Know if Minelab WM 08 Wireless Audio Module will work with a MX SPORT COMPATIBLE HEAD PHONE

I just got this truly from a dealer

Q:   For MX SPORT  Will z-lynk work with  whites headphones, or am I better off getting z-lynk pkg with garret had phones 

A::  "I dont think it will actually. You need a standard 1/4” plug and the mx sport has that weird plug on it. "

1 hour ago, amergin said:

the mxs used to come with an adapter to use a standard headphone. 

Edited by gambler

To use any aftermarket wireless audio system you would need the adapter gambler linked to above. It used to come with the MX Sport and I assume it still does. The Garrett Z-Lynk system is affordable and works well.

If you want to use and Equinox WM-08 module on your Equinox nearly any headphone can be made to work, but many need adapters. Details here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By phrunt
      I have been playing with my Garrett Euroace (Ace 350) for the past couple of days, working it out and learning the machine to teach my daughter how to use it.  I was air testing some modern coinage to see what notches on the target ID scale they come up as so I could set up her discrimination. I got lazy and started waving them on the detector side of the coil, I noticed I was able to detect the coins all the way up to past where the shaft changes from plastic to metal, this is at 40cm, 15.7 inches in the old digits, this was with the coil straight too so when it's tilted it's even closer to the metal part of the shaft.
      This means the coil is obviously seeing the metal shaft, if the coil is moving such as adjusting it's tilt I noticed the detector gets a target in when in all metal, if I use my heavy coin discrimination pattern it doesn't false when the coil moves.  I was wondering why this was falsing when the coil moves was happening yesterday until today when I was able to duplicate it when I discovered by accident I could detect coins past where the shaft changes to metal, it's the coil picking up the metal shaft!!! If I move the coil with it sitting on my table, even the slightest bit it rings off on the shaft! 
      I realize I've not got the stock coil on there and the Nel Tornado is known as a deep coil but this is now a problem for me and the only solution I can think of is to notch out the discrimination point where the shaft sits so it can't see it, but then it may miss good targets in that range too.
      I don't want to put the stock coil back on it, the stock coil wasn't too great and I really like this Tornado coil.

Are there aftermarket shafts for Garrett that have a longer lower shaft? or is there some shaft from another detector I could mount it on that is longer in the plastic part?  I'm not a big fan of the shaft anyway, it doesn't even have Cam locks so a replacement shaft wouldn't be such a bad option.

Here is a quick video showing a coin detecting past the shaft change over point, the amazing thing is the Target ID for the coin is bang on where it should be even at that depth.

Any help with this one would be appreciated as I've now given the detector to my daughter who decided she likes detecting now (finally) as she has a yellow bumble bee looking detector that can discriminate virtually everything out except our gold coins 🙂

• By relicmeister
      I just got my 6” coil, and a dedicated lower rod is on the way.  To make on-site coil changes fast and easy I came up with the following system. 
         Each lower rod and coil have the cord fastened near the bottom with just enough slack to flip the coil flat for my carry bag. Then I made the straps shown with adhesive backed Velcro from the $ store. The soft part goes around the middle rod by it’s adhesive backing. But then it extends 2” and the hard part of the Velcro goes on the sticky side of it so one side is hook Velcro and the other side is loop Velcro and then  it is trimmed narrower with scissors. I have one of these on either side of the folding mechanism I installed on my box shaft.   What saves time in the field is that these straps stay on during coil change and securely fasten the coil wire. 
         Also, in my case with the folding shaft I used zip ties to make a loop in each coils cord to go where the folding mechanism is where the cord never interferes with the folding or unfolding of the shaft. I will keep the other coil in my detector bag so I can change the coil during a detecting outing it the situation warrants it. 
        No big deal but easy enough that others may consider doing this method of strapping. A

• By Nokta Detectors
      Hello all..... some of you guys have been asking for 9'' and 13'' coils for the Kruzer...it is done.... we have developed these and will start shipping them at the same time with the Anfibio series.
      Both coils are compatible with the Anfibio and Kruzers. 
      Thank you!

Search coils for the Makro Kruzer and Nokta Anfibio metal detectors (excluding Gold Kruzer)
    • By davidh
      We recieved the 15's from Crawfords in the UK . Who kindly sent mine with Randy's together for Saturday delivery .Thank you the Crawfords crew you made this hunt possible .
      Kev my son with his sooty and sweep went out with Randy Dee on a permission that has been well detected in the last few years .
      And producing Roman coins and artifacts . Randy and my self where armed with the new 15 inch coil . I was in field1, AM ,5T,BIAS 4,RECOVERY 2 . I usually set at 20 but due to the nature of the field iron infested . I settled with 17 with the 15 . It worked great . As we progressed I meet up with Randy mid morning (fund out ) Bloody hell the whyly fox had 8 romans .His comment was THIS A CRACKING COIL. Coming from Randy that a great complement as he has 40 ++ years detecting and has had the machines . I had 2 ???? I was detecting back to the car for lunch . BANG 31 hhhuuumm . Dug over the full length of my JR Stainless spade . Tried it still in the hole reading 29/30 .By this time Randy and Kev had appeared . Randy gave it a swing hhhuumm summet there DEEP . So I dug 4/5 inch out with my digging tool place it on the side looked .Could see a silver glinting in the muck . I pick it up gave it to Randy .he said its a bloody Denarius and an early won .'Turned out to be a Vespiasian . 69/79 AD . My first Roman Silver and a cracker . I ended up with 8 roman bronzes and the Denarius . nice roman brooch . Randy really cut it up 22 romans and other bita and pieces .Kev had 8 and a very nice snake item (*brooch) ???  Se if I can put some pics on . Well done Minelab on producing a fantastic coil WHICH will stay on the Noxie .

• By NSC
      G'day,
      I have been a very lucky guy to have been using the new Equinox 15x12" coil .
      I decided not to tease anyone with threads about it until it was out there and becoming available to the public.
      As they are starting to trickle through now I will now say what a awesome coil this coil this thing is.

Light for size, very sensitive for a big coil, good pinpointing and really great depth ( depth at the beach amazes me and gives me a workout to dig targets ),
      Its Spring here and I am just getting back into the water with the warmer temperatures so hopefully some gold jewellery will fall in my scoop .
      Even though Winter at the beach here is a bit slow, I have done some wet sand + some shallow saltwater hunting when some very low tides occurred.
      This 15" coil is stable (as good as the 11") in the saltwater and IMHO it is not difficult to swing underwater in light - medium wave action.
      Most of my hunting has been for modern coins in parklands and a few beach hunts.
      I have found stacks of $1 and $2 coins and almost least one ring every time that I have had it out...most have been silver -  one gold ring to date.
      The 11" coil has not been back on my Eq800 since I have had the 15" , the bigger coverage it provides suits my style of hunting very well.

So if you are thinking of a good Christmas present for yourself this is one that I  highly recommend and is one that will probably pay for itself in no time.
      cheers from Downunder and happy hunting 😀