Fireball Event

Way cool! Most don’t get the opportunity to witness an event like that their entire lifetime. Thanks for posting Mitchel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is what I saw.  There is still more of it out there.

https://watchers.news/2018/10/19/iridium-satellite-fuel-tank-crash-california-october-2018/ 

Simon ... the space junk is quite a sight.  

It was like winning a piece of the lottery but ... I'd take a piece of out lottery from last night because it was 1 billion dollars!

I don't even know if I am a winner yet on that one but I certainly take the sky lottery forever.

Mitchel

• 2 years later...

I just saw that there was a rocket stage re-entry observed and caught on video.  When I looked at it it reminded me of the front row seat I had for the iridium.  The multiple pieces I saw with some of them tumbling is still something I think about often when I'm out in the desert at night.

https://www.livescience.com/falcon-9-burn-up-meteor-shower-2021.html?utm_source=notification 

That must have been the best thing to see. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is close to what I saw but I was much closer and it came directly at me and then passed by me on a clear night and you could see pieces tumbling!  It had separated by the time it reached me like the end of this video but it was low and getting near the end of visibility except for the lead piece which must have been more dense as it just cruised on into the darkness.

• Like 1