Last Hunt, Bb Nugget, And Crushed Speci

Way to score; that BB is awesome, a perfect sphere of gold. Nice hunting.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The BB is really weird, I've never thought to use CLR to clean my gold, nice idea, fortunately most of my gold is already pretty clean and shiny just with a wash in water.

I wonder how the BB formed, if it was natural, it doesn't seem like it could be...

I know the feeling Dave is having, I'm on my longest skunk I've ever had at the moment..... every attempt brings me nothing, it's a bit disheartening.  I got to the point last time I had to check my detector was working by borrowing some of the many nuggets JW had just found in the past hour or so to test I would of found them and yep, no issues with the detector, it's all just me ?  I'm guessing it's been 40 hours of detecting with not even a flake. :wacko:

Stay on it !! You are just building up Karma for a big score. There were many days Dave was killing it and offering me a "mercy " nugget lol. The BB was natural somehow it was attached to other nugget. 

Chris

• Like 1

The BB is possibly a spatter ball from a crucible used to check purity of an ore sample.  I have found a number of BB's on the walls of these crucibles thrown behind the sampling lab.  The crucibles were only used once and then thrown away.  Often the lab guy would miss the spatters up on the sides-sometimes hidden by the flux.  Good find Chris. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, brogansown said:

The BB is possibly a spatter ball from a crucible used to check purity of an ore sample.  I have found a number of BB's on the walls of these crucibles thrown behind the sampling lab.  The crucibles were only used once and then thrown away.  Often the lab guy would miss the spatters up on the sides-sometimes hidden by the flux.  Good find Chris. 

Thanks. I really feel it was a natural formation. It was attached to one of those 4 nuggets, and came free only after a soak in CLR. Plus this was in an area with no signs of man made structures with the exception of a few drywash piles and excavation pits. 

Chris

Chris you have been killing it lately out there. This skunk will get off my back soon ...?. You got a lot more gold on that speci than I thought also... I was figuring 3 or 4 grams, congrats dude !!!

Dave.

• Like 1