High K Gold

dewcon4414

Has anyone elses high K gold increased with this machine?   Had it about 6 months now and nearly half of my gold has been 18K and above...... even a couple of 24k which ive never found.    So is that a good thing?   Im not sure when your goal is smaller gold.   I cant figure if its just been this season.  Me and a buddy tested it and on small gold the Nox is the obvious choice over an Xcal.   I have some rather larger ... to me.... in the 1.4 gram range open earrings the Xcal just couldnt get.   I got another 18K white gold 8.6 grams today....... read digit 18.  High K gold normally is a little more conductive oddly.   Oh...... and by the way im using the OLD program.   It just works better for me..... especially in the wet sand.    This machine to me is still a head scratcher because im not sure its does any better than the others on lower K gold IN the water.

IMG_0127.JPG

• Like 4

Scratch your head all you want, Dew, but that high K gold looks GREAT, to me!  LOL!

NICE finds!

Steve

Nope, mine has been a mixture.

Got just  a lowly 9k ring this morning ? ( TID 17 )

...but I guess it depends upon what tones/signal you dig.

Dew when you say the old program, you mean the 1.5 firmware?

BTW is that ice in that gold ring the real McCoy or is it CZ? 

CAL....... CZ.   I know not to many put that size stones on a 10K ring....... dont you just hate that?   Yes im using the 1.5 firmware.   Maybe location..... or just more agreeable to my style of hunting much like a machine can be.    My testing showed not a lot of difference in air tests on gold targets..... so i dont think anyone is getting my left overs that clearly would have been gotten.   I hunt more in the water.... the 1.5 seems to do better on bottle caps and is just more accurate on target digits to me.   Could be the reason im getting more high K gold too..... depends on how its tuned im thinking.   Like some...... i also feel they may have tweaked beach 1 a bit.    I dont use the depth meter or PPer....... and the new program i found myself loosing more targets that i knew were still in the hole.   You just have to hunt with what you have confidence in....... thats half the game.   What i will say ........ the Nox brings a different hunting intensity.   I seem to be a little sharper listening to anything that might be a target...... that may have been an added plus as to why im finding a bit more.

• Like 2