White’s I Need A Senior Citizen Detector

White’s this is no joke I drove 600 miles to Oklahoma to hunt with a friend coin hunting.

I’ve been swinging my Sport and been doing great. I couldn’t ask for a better detector but at 77 with both over weight my hunt time is getting shorter.

I’m going to work at it getting the weight off of me but I too need your help getting the weight off the detector I swing.

I know the Sport is waterproof but I think it’s best if I get wet just in the shower from now own. Well that’s not true when I beach hunt .

I would say White’s needs to make a detector for old farts like me but the words Senior Citizen sounds better .

I’d like it equal if not better than my Sport but just trim down the fat off of it . I know the MX 7 has less weight but not near enough of what I’m talking about. Please don’t cut down on the screen size because that’s one thing is old guys like .

I’m going to let you think about what I said and I if you you can do get back with me .

I’ve already got a name for it and that is

S C 2.5 ( Senior Citizen 2.5  lbs. ) haha

Chuck

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

White’s this is no joke I drove 600 miles to Oklahoma to hunt with a friend coin hunting.

I’ve been swinging my Sport and been doing great. I couldn’t ask for a better detector but at 77 with both over weight my hunt time is getting shorter.

I’m going to work at it getting the weight off of me but I too need your help getting the weight off the detector I swing.

I know the Sport is waterproof but I think it’s best if I get wet just in the shower from now own. Well that’s not true when I beach hunt .

I would say White’s needs to make a detector for old farts like me but the words Senior Citizen sounds better .

I’d like it equal if not better than my Sport but just trim down the fat off of it . I know the MX 7 has less weight but not near enough of what I’m talking about. Please don’t cut down on the screen size because that’s one thing is old guys like .

I’m going to let you think about what I said and I if you you can do get back with me .

I’ve already got a name for it and that is

S C 2.5 ( Senior Citizen 2.5  lbs. ) haha

Chuck

Don't forget the 10% off senior citizens discount!

• Like 2

Hi Chuck,

I can really relate to your situation. I tried an MX7 and a TreasurePro for a while because like you the display was really appealing. The MX7 felt really heavy to me on longer hunts and I got a lot of wrist and neck pain. I was not particularly impressed with its recovery speed or trash/target separation even though it was an outstanding coin and jewelry machine. The TreasurePro was much lighter but just didn't have the higher kHz/ power to punch through the mineralization here in Colorado very well and I could only count on 2 to 3 inches of reliable depth! I still have my M6 which I use at least once a week and have no weight issues since it is much better balanced and has plenty of power and 15kHz. If it only had a big easy to read display.........

I also hope that Whites can fit their great MXSport/MX7 display and most of the features in a much lighter detector someday for us old folks!

Jeff

Jeff

I thank you for your post. I thank the ones who agreed with me but what I need is for all to express their opinion here.

We can be heard in numbers but one light don’t shine too bright. By us standing together we put out a blinding light that White’s will take notice too .

Jeff I’m like you in I don’t want something less than the Sport are MX 7 but just cut the fat off .

Here is some ways I think it can be done. Rich said carbon fiber and that’s just one . Another is my Sport sits on metal tubing and the battery box sticks out on the sides like the spare tire I carry .

White’s the detector I talking about is not for the young and strong but for the older ones with a gentle touch. 

If you can put the power of the Sport in a lighter weight frame I’d thank you from the bottom of my heart and so many others out there would thank you too .

Lovely people just don’t agree with me but post here so we can be heard loud and clear of what we want .

Chuck 

The body of the detector made from carbon fiber would be lighter than the plastic one. The biggest problem is cost, carbon fiber is more labor intensive. It would be interesting to know what weight differences there would be between plastic and carbon fiber for coil housings

Rich

...the carbon rod can lose weight by 100-130 grams - on the side of the coil it hangs on the detector's construction, -   1 long bar is used. assuming one is the length of the rod instead of the middle and the lower rod. ..- the next thing is the battery weight- the use of a Li-ion battery can lose weight by 150 grams - and if the battery is built... even more. 3-piece  carbon telescopic shaft ..- is optimum ..
..I believe the Whites are working on it...

I know you can’t cut pounds off a detector and still have what we want. I’m talking about a ounce here and there and even get down to grams .

Jeff was talking about the Treasure Pro that he liked but didn’t have the punch power as the Sport. On the outside they both look the same but I haven’t looked to see what powers the Treasure Pro . I guess it comes down to voltage. If that’s the case maybe it could use another battery source. 

I was into electronics for 35 years but now more into brain surgery. Buy one get one free.

Chuck